Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18740  19240  19640  19690  19730  19736  19737  19738  19739  19740  19741  19742  19743  19744  19750  19790  19840 
Page 19740 of 20173
Go to
Quote: They scream however when it’s not in their favor.
Because who doesn't like working for free?
Quote: I can assure you it’s not always in the companies favor. Most don’t post when they got a great deal in their favor or even talk about it. They scream however when it’s not in their favor.
The only assurance I really want is that I'll be paid in accordance with the contract. It doesn't matter if it is intentional or by way of negligence; underpayment by any amount is theft of our rightful earnings. Of course people scream when a Fortune 500 company can't pay its employees properly - is that surprising? Shorting us multiple millions of dollars a year is disgusting. I'd love to see a punitive finding that would finally force the company to improve their processes and pay us correctly. It is maddening that a good portion of DALPA's resources must be squandered recovering underpayments.
Quote: The only assurance I really want is that I'll be paid in accordance with the contract. It doesn't matter if it is intentional or by way of negligence; underpayment by any amount is theft of our rightful earnings. Of course people scream when a Fortune 500 company can't pay its employees properly - is that surprising? Shorting us multiple millions of dollars a year is disgusting. I'd love to see a punitive finding that would finally force the company to improve their processes and pay us correctly. It is maddening that a good portion of DALPA's resources must be squandered recovering underpayments.
98% of the payments ALPA gets for pilots are not payroll errors. They are crew scheduling errors. Until you eliminate people in CS there will always be errors. Once white slips are automated I suspect there will be a large drop in issues. Reroute would be the only remaining problem and since some of reroute is subjective a contract rewrite is the best way to fix that.
Quote: 98% of the payments ALPA gets for pilots are not payroll errors. They are crew scheduling errors. Until you eliminate people in CS there will always be errors. Once white slips are automated I suspect there will be a large drop in issues. Reroute would be the only remaining problem and since some of reroute is subjective a contract rewrite is the best way to fix that.
98% of 737 doors opening on takeoff are flight attendant errors, and yet captains were asked to brief it every leg. If there's a problem, you fix it. UNLESS not fixing the problem actually saves you money...as seems to be the case in most pay errors.

I'm happy to change the contract to anything that doesn't make me lose money for company errors. I just want them to pay me what they owe me - nothing more and nothing less. They should automate, hire or fire as needed to pay their (industry-leading) people.

How about every pay error not discovered and rectified by the company in 10 business days pays 200%, and any error not corrected in 30 calendar days pays 300%? Heck, they could even get special dispensation for an annual IT meltdown or two. I would love to see the company cost that change, as it should be ZERO... right? If they believe it would be expensive, why? Are they not staffed or equipped to remain in compliance with the PWA? How is being understaffed or underequipped to pay us per the contract - while making RECORD profits - acceptable behavior?
Quote: ...I would love to see the company cost that change, as it should be ZERO... right? If they believe it would be expensive, why?...
Exactly. Kind of like how after one meltdown a few years ago we all got PS passes, but then another meltdown happened a little later and no PS passes.
It's looking like I'm gonna have to rent a car for 7-10 days in MCI and turn it in at STL. Any one know of any discounts etc. I can get? Thanks.

Denny
Quote: It's looking like I'm gonna have to rent a car for 7-10 days in MCI and turn it in at STL. Any one know of any discounts etc. I can get? Thanks.

Denny
I have had good luck with Hertz using the Delta corporate discount code that you can get from DeltaNet in the discount section.

Hope you get to enjoy some Jack Stack burnt ends and perhaps a Boulevard "The Calling" Double IPA.
Quote: I have had good luck with Hertz using the Delta corporate discount code that you can get from DeltaNet in the discount section.

Hope you get to enjoy some Jack Stack burnt ends and perhaps a Boulevard "The Calling" Double IPA.
I’ll take a look. Thanks!

Denny
Quote: It's looking like I'm gonna have to rent a car for 7-10 days in MCI and turn it in at STL. Any one know of any discounts etc. I can get? Thanks.

Denny
Haven’t been able to brat Costco yet
Joe’s Kansas City BBQ has best bbq and it’s less expensive. Go to the one on 47th. Don’t be fooled by the fact it’s in a gas station.
18740  19240  19640  19690  19730  19736  19737  19738  19739  19740  19741  19742  19743  19744  19750  19790  19840 
Page 19740 of 20173
Go to