Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
7183  7683  8083  8133  8173  8179  8180  8181  8182  8183  8184  8185  8186  8187  8193  8233  8283  8683  9183 
Page 8183 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Why would that matter? What effect does an LEC rep have on the unelected MEC permanent bureaucracy?

Carl
You mean, other than choosing them? I'd say that was a pretty large effect.
Quote: How about the fact that in 2000 they did just that?
Thanks little brother
Quote: Thanks little brother
You're welcome, but I suspect I'm a bit older than you. :-)
Quote: I never said that ALPA was the avenue to success Carl. I just want to know what it is that DPA has that ALPA does not that would make them more successful.
I didn't say you said it. I said your question presupposes it. Here's your post again for review:

Quote: At the risk... what on God's green earth makes you think that if ALPA cannot deliver that DPA can? Just a few bullet points will do.
Did you read the part that says: "If ALPA cannot deliver..." That certainly sounds like your thesis is that ALPA is the only way, and if ALPA can't succeed, who can. If that's not what you meant, great. But your statement belies that.

Quote: As far as question 2, I believe that since the guys negotiating the contract also have to live under that contract it is ludicrous to believe that they would want anything else. No.. it's beyond ludicrous.
This kind of false premise is what allows our MEC to behave in their top-down manner. They DO NOT live under this contract. That is the whole point.

Quote: I am no pom pom shaker... but I fail to see other than vitriol towards ALPA. What it is that DPA brings?
Part of the problem here is that you're describing the statements of fact as "vitriol". If you allow fact finding to be described that way, corruption wins.

Carl
Quote: How about the fact that in 2000 they did just that?
That union of 11 years ago is not our DALPA of today. That union is dead. But the MEC chairman of the union you mention wants a new in-house union. Just sayin.

Carl
Quote: Why would that matter? What effect does an LEC rep have on the unelected MEC permanent bureaucracy?
Quote: You mean, other than choosing them? I'd say that was a pretty large effect.
Really? The LEC reps elect all of the MEC administrators? And here I thought some were appointed by the MEC chairman.

Carl
So what was heard at the LCP meeting? I'll bite.
Reporting live in Atlanta... no wintry mix yet so death toll is still a 0 but we're sure it'll climb here shortly! Stay tuned and remain paniced and on short call!

FTB
as a local tv news reporter
Quote: Reporting live in Atlanta... no wintry mix yet so death toll is still a 0 but we're sure it'll climb here shortly! Stay tuned and remain paniced and on short call!

FTB
as a local tv news reporter

FTB, thanks for the wx update, I have to come up there today for a trip, I hope they don't 'preemptively' cancel my commute flight as soon as they see a snow flake!
AA just filed for bankruptcy. When they come out they're gonna have a brand new fleet and low costs. What a sham.
7183  7683  8083  8133  8173  8179  8180  8181  8182  8183  8184  8185  8186  8187  8193  8233  8283  8683  9183 
Page 8183 of 20173
Go to