Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
47  547  947  997  1037  1043  1044  1045  1046  1047  1048  1049  1050  1051  1057  1097  1147  1547 
Page 1047 of 2044
Go to
Quote: Any idea of how senior PAE or JFK are as bases? What sort of trips do those bases fly? Thanks
PAE is what I would call extremely senior along with IAH. PAE flys mostly LCF flights for Boeing.

JFK is somewhere in the middle.

Ranking the bases for FOs it'd look like this in my opinion....

1. IAH - LAD and back trips mean you work 4-6 days a month and either work 4 days or get 90 hour pay checks.
2. PAE - No idea why...
3. MIA - Trips often spend many on days in MIA which means you can live in base and spend paid days at home
4. LAX - I'm not a west coast guy so this one puzzles me... Obviously they spend a ton of time in Asia.
5. JFK - Cushy trips that start out of base. There's a ton of ORD-HNL-SYD-PVG-ANC Quantas trips that have long layovers. You rarely actually start at JFK which means you avoid imputed income and get paid for "Day 0" of your trip.
6. CVG - DHL trips that run on schedule. Some trips return to CVG and you get paid days on at home if you live in base. CVG is an underrated base in my opinion.
7. HSV - Africa anyone?... The trips that aren't Africa aren't that bad but you spend all of 16 or 17 days out of the country and trips never return to HSV mid pattern. I live in Jackson, MS and these days I'd rather be the bottom third of ANC than the bottom third of HSV because you will end up in Lagos dodging Boko Haram.
8. ANC - Because you have to Gateway to ANC and the imputed income has actually wiped out first year paychecks before. True story. I've got a buddy from Jackson who's elected to stay in ANC and is in the top half. He tries to bid trips that start out of base in ORD and it works out for him better than being forced to go to Africa.

767 - I'm not a 767 guy but I know what's senior/junior
1. JFK - There's some AMC Pax stuff that's supposedly nice.
2. CVG - Deadhead to NRT then sit reserve at a crappy hotel in the middle of nowhere.

I hope this helps.
Quote: 767 - I'm not a 767 guy but I know what's senior/junior
1. JFK - There's some AMC Pax stuff that's supposedly nice.
2. CVG - Deadhead to NRT then sit reserve at a crappy hotel in the middle of nowhere.
I hope this helps.
Solid summary.

JFK - similar to 747 JFK trip and description ^^^^^^^.
CVG - DHL flying and either hub turns on the -200s or DH to NRT/TPE and sit reserver/operate the -300Fs. Trips run on-time typically and have layovers in SYD if things work out. CVG sees some of the AMC flying. It is the normal location for hotel reserve regardless of where you are based.
Quote: Solid summary.

JFK - similar to 747 JFK trip and description ^^^^^^^.
CVG - DHL flying and either hub turns on the -200s or DH to NRT/TPE and sit reserver/operate the -300Fs. Trips run on-time typically and have layovers in SYD if things work out. CVG sees some of the AMC flying. It is the normal location for hotel reserve regardless of where you are based.
What is AMC flying?
AMC is military support. It stands for Air Mobility Command.
Air Mobility Command. IE military flights. Some of this is sweet flying.
Thanks for the responses ! Cheers
Is FO time at Atlas valuable and sought out by the legacies vs. PIC time at a regional?
Quote: Is FO time at Atlas valuable and sought out by the legacies vs. PIC time at a regional?
From the guys I know there, if you are wondering that question; ya may want to look elsewhere. No offence, just my .02.

RadialGal
Quote: Is FO time at Atlas valuable and sought out by the legacies vs. PIC time at a regional?

-------->NO.
Quote: -------->NO.

How are you sure of your NO answer?
47  547  947  997  1037  1043  1044  1045  1046  1047  1048  1049  1050  1051  1057  1097  1147  1547 
Page 1047 of 2044
Go to