Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
504  1004  1404  1454  1494  1500  1501  1502  1503  1504  1505  1506  1507  1508  1514  1554  1604  2004 
Page 1504 of 2043
Go to
Quote: wow so many doubters, sad to say my friend this is true. If it doesn't affect you move along.
Did I question your statement? That was all it was, you did not give specifics so I will wait for verification or expansion on your statement. This place gets more like FI every day with rude people making snide and snarky comments. This does "affect" me but from this discussion I will "move along."
Quote: Did I question your statement? That was all it was, you did not give specifics so I will wait for verification or expansion on your statement. This place gets more like FI every day with rude people making snide and snarky comments. This does "affect" me but from this discussion I will "move along."
It was the "if verified" statement, which is fair as you just don't want to jump to conclusions.

It is true, sad, predictable and very telling of our management group.
Quote: from another thread...

DAL B-717 payrates now up to 231$/hour.

2019 rate for the 717 is $255.58

2019 rate for the A330 is $334.26...
didnt realize you guys flew the 717....or the 330 for that matter....
Quote: didnt realize you guys flew the 717....or the 330 for that matter....
No, we fly wide body aircraft internationally for half the pay of a 717 pilot.
Quote: No, we fly wide body aircraft internationally for half the pay of a 717 pilot.
Then maybe you should be flying a 717 for DAL

I mean..if you want to compare yourselves to other companies... at least use FDX and UPS... even though they aren't in the same segment of the airline business either.

Your mgt has played the game well this year... will be interesting to see how it goes moving forward in this climate. Good luck to all (well most) of the Atlas guys!!!
Quote: Then maybe you should be flying a 717 for DAL

I mean..if you want to compare yourselves to other companies... at least use FDX and UPS... even though they aren't in the same segment of the airline business either.

Your mgt has played the game well this year... will be interesting to see how it goes moving forward in this climate. Good luck to all (well most) of the Atlas guys!!!

The majority of us are trying to move on, but please keep in mind that those hired within the last few years came to work at atlas under the impression that, once the current contract was amendable, the company would negotiate in good faith for a much better contract that compared well with the rest of the industry. They refused and play vicious games. Thus, the anger and contempt.
Quote: Did I question your statement? That was all it was, you did not give specifics so I will wait for verification or expansion on your statement. This place gets more like FI every day with rude people making snide and snarky comments. This does "affect" me but from this discussion I will "move along."
True. Periodically over the years this thread has devolved into a semblance of Flightinfo.com but calmer heads usually steer the conversation back onto the path. It does seem to be doing that more often now, though. The climate at Atlas has unquestionably changed but that's no excuse not to have civil discourse. Rational discussion is always preferable to throwing bricks.
Quote: The majority of us are trying to move on, but please keep in mind that those hired within the last few years came to work at atlas under the impression that, once the current contract was amendable, the company would negotiate in good faith for a much better contract that compared well with the rest of the industry. They refused and play vicious games. Thus, the anger and contempt.
A lot of K4 guys have resumes out.... I suspect once(if) the TA passes in the next month or so.. a lot will choose to ride it out here a few more years. My one question is.. WHY would anyone believe ANY airline mgt team at any level.... would initially negotiate in good faith? It's just not their MO. Yes, Yes,,, I get it... Atlas is different... their mgt wants to grow... and growth, REAL growth is unlikely without a new contract.

I guess one question that could be asked..is this.. of all the different customers Atlas has,, if they experience no growth or slight growth... which business will have to be shed to accommodate the Amazon deal. Crazy times.
Quote: I guess one question that could be asked..is this.. of all the different customers Atlas has,, if they experience no growth or slight growth... which business will have to be shed to accommodate the Amazon deal. Crazy times.
The one overwhelming characteristic of Atlas management is that they will do all that they can to grow, increase profitability, improve efficiency, and increase crew utilization of their company. It will be all about making Atlas better. They will do all of this, UNLESS they have to pay the pilots one more red cent. In that case they will structure ANY deal to feather their own nests, scr*w, the employees, and scuttle the company just for spite.

It is their intent not to raise pay/working conditions to modern standards, but to cut it to the lowest slave labor level possible.

Atlas Management could be used as a definition of a virus.
from the ABX thread:

Quote: I hear that 1224 filed a Single Carrier Determination request with NMB this afternoon...
ATI and ABX will be combining, according to posters on that thread.
504  1004  1404  1454  1494  1500  1501  1502  1503  1504  1505  1506  1507  1508  1514  1554  1604  2004 
Page 1504 of 2043
Go to