Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
937  1437  1837  1887  1927  1933  1934  1935  1936  1937  1938  1939  1940  1941  1947  1987  2037 
Page 1937 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Great info, thank you for the comments. I’m commuting from NW Florida; Tampa is about 6 hours driving. You’re right that I don’t mind what base I go to I was just thinking a single leg for a flight and the capacity to drive in a pinch. I am 0% experienced all things commuting and civilian flying, my experience is exclusively military and this lifestyle & these discussions are all new for me.
If you live in the panhandle unless you’re planning to drive the 6 hours TPA will be a nightmare for you, 1 flight a day on Silver if you’re lucky. MIA 74/77 or IAH 76/74 are your best options.
Quote: The interview was straight forward. The onboarding process is where things can easily go south.
May I ask how on-boarding can go south?
Look at the guidelines for each interview. They will give you what you need to know. As I recall, the HR/Tech interview specified "Business Attire" - which includes coat and tie. Unless told otherwise, you can't go wrong with that. My Tech interviewer wore shirt and tie while the HR interviewers were more casual.

Not sure how "onboarding" can go South - unless you make it go that way. Yeah, it was a LOT of redundant and seemingly superfluous forms and submittals. But everyone, to a person, was awesome and bent over backwards to help.
Quote: The interview was straight forward. The onboarding process is where things can easily go south.
I'd also like to know. What are the traps? How do people lose the job from here?
Quote: I would recommend dressing up for the occasion (as in, business casual), if for nothing else, but to get yourself into the interview mood.

Shirt, tie, slacks, suit, whatever you prefer, but that gets you to the right mindset.
I'm going to call myself out on this nonsense, I read that post wrong, definitely not biz casual. Business attire aka. shirt and a tie as minimum.
Quote: I'd also like to know. What are the traps? How do people lose the job from here?

Fail Training
Stealing/Theft
Lies
Just to name a few for starters
Quote: Fail Training
Stealing/Theft
Lies
Just to name a few for starters
Sometimes, before even stepping on property due to poor communication with a company due in part to no fault of the NH..
Quote: I'd also like to know. What are the traps? How do people lose the job from here?
Can be a simple as requiring 3 weeks from CJO to class date as specified in the interviews to only being offered classes 2 weeks to start.
I'm sure there are other ones..
Quote: If you live in the panhandle unless you’re planning to drive the 6 hours TPA will be a nightmare for you, 1 flight a day on Silver if you’re lucky. MIA 74/77 or IAH 76/74 are your best options.
Great info, thank you.
Quote: Can be a simple as requiring 3 weeks from CJO to class date as specified in the interviews to only being offered classes 2 weeks to start.
I'm sure there are other ones..
During your interview candidates are asked specifically for their date of availability, unless they respond “ASAP” they will not be offered classes in 2 weeks. The stated availability is most likely honored.
937  1437  1837  1887  1927  1933  1934  1935  1936  1937  1938  1939  1940  1941  1947  1987  2037 
Page 1937 of 2045
Go to