Omni Air

Subscribe
96  146  186  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  206  246  296 
Page 196 of 433
Go to
I agree 700. Just got my strike preparation text!
Quote: Every airline has a thread similar to this one. Omni is what you make it but the crews and destinations are hard to top in my humble opinion. Best of luck in training and welcome to Omni
Thanks - I will do my best to succeed. I'm at a 'super-regional' now - that is slowly being comair'd with airframes being pulled and put with lower cost carriers, bases being closed and management platitudes about pruning the tree for future growth. I'm familiar with the bulletin boards.
M20F, don't believe everything you read on here. The training is intense but in no way impossible. I really enjoyed the experience that I received there after flying at a regional airline for many years. As someone has already mentioned, it's what you make of it. The truth is that every job is a large majority of what attitude you bring to work everyday. I will look fondly at my short time at Omni for the rest of my career. It allows you to travel to airports you didnt even know existed. You are fed well, the flight attendants are great and the pilots are enjoyable. It's because of Omni that I'm now sitting at my dream job. So immerse yourself in the training and enjoy the ride.
Quote: M20F, don't believe everything you read on here. The training is intense but in no way impossible. I really enjoyed the experience that I received there after flying at a regional airline for many years. As someone has already mentioned, it's what you make of it. The truth is that every job is a large majority of what attitude you bring to work everyday. I will look fondly at my short time at Omni for the rest of my career. It allows you to travel to airports you didnt even know existed. You are fed well, the flight attendants are great and the pilots are enjoyable. It's because of Omni that I'm now sitting at my dream job. So immerse yourself in the training and enjoy the ride.
How's that VW bus 🚌 treating you 😉
Quote: Believe he means KWI-somewhere in Europe - then Atlanta , that was the routing for years along time ago.

Correct, the refuel was at Shannon and this was in Dec 2008. I just remember how horrid the seat configuration was. Nice cabin crew, but we were packed in like sardines.
That's because OAI doesn't give 2 craps about the customers or the crew. They get paid by seat. That's why the 777-200 has 380 passenger seats, so they get paid 747 pay rates.

But don't worry, you won't see that reflected in your paycheck.
Quote: That's because OAI doesn't give 2 craps about the customers or the crew. They get paid by seat. That's why the 777-200 has 380 passenger seats, so they get paid 747 pay rates.

But don't worry, you won't see that reflected in your paycheck.

Yeah, that was obvious because other Military contracted rotators like One World and Atlas did not have that horrid seat configuration. Every time I made a trip to or from the desert, if I saw Omni Air (total 4 flights with them specifically over the years) I would pop a few Advil in advance.
Quote: Thank you. I was kind of psyched until I started reading this board
Check your PMs.
Quote: As a passenger, Omni Air is one of the worst military rotators out there. They have the narrowest seats. The Kuwait to Atlanta flight was one of the most painful flights I have ever been on.
As pilots for Omni, we spend more time deadheading in those seats as well as other commercial airline coach middle seats than actually in a pilot seat as an operating crew member. We feel your pain.
As far as the training is concerned ,I can't say I enjoyed it. Now with the company's position on a new contract, the check airman may not be willing to give the extra 10 % needed .
96  146  186  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  206  246  296 
Page 196 of 433
Go to