Xojet

Subscribe
75  125  165  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  185 
Page 175 of 221
Go to
I know of someone who went from XO to FedEx. No 121 time.

For you XO people- how much time does it take for you to accumulate free airline travel with the points?
Quote: Who here has claimed that it takes 121 time exclusively to make it to some major?

They-meaning the majors, have preferred time which usually translates to either part 121 PIC time and/or military fixed-wing time.

If you think otherwise then you probably believe in the Tooth Fairy as well. I can't help you with that one.

Just providing another data point. It's obvious that the majors look favorably on Xojet. The newly formed flow program with Southwest is a perfect example.
Quote: Real Flying? Hopefully you're just being sarcastic.
50/50. Lol
Maybe I should have phrased it as way more interesting and way more challenging flying than you'll ever get at the airlines. 😎
Anyone know about how long it takes them to send offers after interviews?
Quote: Anyone know about how long it takes them to send offers after interviews?
Week to 10 days usually.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Quote: Week to 10 days usually.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Thanks a bunch.
Really enjoyed the company, hope I get an offer.
Been here going on 6 years and still really enjoy it. Great crews and very good quality of life on road. Yes, some days are harder than others but i think it equals out with also having some easier days as well. I also enjoy the fact that once i leave my house to start rotation i don't have to spend a single dime of my own money, everything is covered by the company till i walk back in front door at the end. Except alcholic drinks that is. You will see some fun flying, a lot of mountain flying, carribean, desert, you name it you'll see it. Start your day in a snowy winterland and finish it on a warm tropical island somewhere. And you may see flights like JFK to ORD then to some small country airport. Very hard to get bored here and i personally think the week flies by, no pun intended. I flew at regionals years ago doing the hub to outstation then back to hub, now that was boring to me. Good luck to everyone out there applying. A little hint, be sure to read up on basic instrument rules and regs before doing the phone screen. Its all there in the FAR-AIM.
Previous response from dirty side down is right on. I spent 10yrs at the regionals and enjoy XO so much more. I have my 121 time...3000 turbine pic and 6000 total. So I don’t understand this whole 121 is king mentality. I received interest from other airlines when flying part 91. Sure I may want to get to a major but why would Someone not step up in pay and QOL (to some) and come to XO? Is it a bit more work, preparing the aircraft sure. I enjoy the more challenging flying and additional mental work.

Simply look at the whole picture and feel free to keep the questions coming.
Same, I did 121 and 135 flying. They both had their challenges, but the 135 flying was certainly more challenging; to discount it because it wasn't 121 certainly eliminates a lot of excellent pilots.
Quote: Same, I did 121 and 135 flying. They both had their challenges, but the 135 flying was certainly more challenging; to discount it because it wasn't 121 certainly eliminates a lot of excellent pilots.
The last two posts are exactly why post-65 Part 121 pilots love this kind of flying. Had a buddy who retired and went to work for Netjets. He said it was the best flying of his career...including the Navy.
75  125  165  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  185 
Page 175 of 221
Go to