Skywest

Subscribe
44  544  944  994  1034  1040  1041  1042  1043  1044  1045  1046  1047  1048  1054  1094  1144 
Page 1044 of 1519
Go to
Quote: Call it whatever you want. Everyone else gets paid marketing block, yet we get less.
You're exactly right, and the takeaway from our credit system is that it's a pay cut for us. M20, credit used to be historical block, but now it's merely a product of an algorithm that a computer generates.

Having credit consistently below block provides pilots an incentive to fly slowly, which in general increases company revenue. Management will not want to change that situation. That's why I won't vote yes for any agreement that doesn't "true us up" for this pay cut, offering a 5MDG or equivalent.
It's only a paycut if you fly really fast or cancel. Would be nice to fix, but there are much bigger fish to fry...like 5.0 MDG.
Is it common to credit less than 5 hours per day, or 4 for that matter? Or is that issue unrelated to an uncancelled flight day? What are you typically seeing for duty times for a 4-5 hour (or less) credit day?
Just wait until they start parking the 50 seat aircraft at a larger pace than the 70 seat aircraft arrive just to staff the airline.
Quote: Wait until CPZ loses the Delta contract because of performance. Jan 2016 is going to be an interesting time for y'all.
If it happens it happens. Those planes would have to be staffed elsewhere though.

The 50 seat aircraft at Skywest and others will just be parked. That is what prospective new hires need to be aware of.
Quote: If it happens it happens. Those planes would have to be staffed elsewhere though.

The 50 seat aircraft at Skywest and others will just be parked. That is what prospective new hires need to be aware of.
The joke is the airlines are going to keep the 50's around for a very long time. It you think they are just going to park them all you believe way too much of their scare tactics...
Quote: The joke is the airlines are going to keep the 50's around for a very long time. It you think they are just going to park them all you believe way too much of their scare tactics...
With what regional pilots left? They will be struggling to staff all of the allowed 70 seat aircraft within the next 3-5 years.
Quote: PILOT SHORTAGE!!!!1'bbnnb!!!
Until it happens it does not exist! There is no shortage. There are tons of pilots (the smart ones) out there that have given up on the career. They can make more and be home at night and holidays. They have better benefits and there is no point in suffering because you "like" your job.
Wow... Everyone here seems pretty angry... I thought I had my mind made up to apply at SW but I think I'm going to look at other regionals... Maybe I can find one that will pay me an extra $12,500 for my first year? I'm sure all the "clueless newbies" going to other carriers won't effect your QOL...
Quote: Wow... Everyone here seems pretty angry... I thought I had my mind made up to apply at SW but I think I'm going to look at other regionals... Maybe I can find one that will pay me an extra $12,500 for my first year? I'm sure all the "clueless newbies" going to other carriers won't effect your QOL...
Do what you will...but just know that out of 3500 pilots, you truly can't get a real picture of the entire pilot group from a few grumpy APC posters.
44  544  944  994  1034  1040  1041  1042  1043  1044  1045  1046  1047  1048  1054  1094  1144 
Page 1044 of 1519
Go to