Skywest

Subscribe
472  972  1372  1422  1462  1468  1469  1470  1471  1472  1473  1474  1475  1476  1482 
Page 1472 of 1519
Go to
Quote: Don't let the door hit ya. Oh, and when you get there ask them how many new hires they're putting through class every month... you know, just to get ready for all those good times to come. Hopefully, it's a lot more than the 100+ here while we prepare for the 'shrinkage'.
If you believe SkyWest is hiring 100 a month I have some magic beans to sell you... It's not even a third of that.
Quote: Don't let the door hit ya. Oh, and when you get there ask them how many new hires they're putting through class every month... you know, just to get ready for all those good times to come. Hopefully, it's a lot more than the 100+ here while we prepare for the 'shrinkage'.
I don't think we are getting 100 a month. That would be awesome though as I would move up quickly. But the shrink will come. Both DL and UA are taking back their flying and at a faster rate. i learned in college that airlines hires until they furlough. Sitting around here waiting to upgrade in 4 years is a terrible personal plan if there are airlines upgrading in under a year. I'm doing what I need to do. You all can do what you want. Wait it out here if you feel that will get you to the majors
Quote: If you believe SkyWest is hiring 100 a month I have some magic beans to sell you... It's not even a third of that.
Hmmmm. Our seniority list seems to disagree with you, but please enlighten us. We've been hiring over a hundred a month for quite some time now. Losing 40 to 50 per month but our list is still growing. Please explain your math skills.
Quote: I don't think we are getting 100 a month. That would be awesome though as I would move up quickly. But the shrink will come. Both DL and UA are taking back their flying and at a faster rate. i learned in college that airlines hires until they furlough. Sitting around here waiting to upgrade in 4 years is a terrible personal plan if there are airlines upgrading in under a year. I'm doing what I need to do. You all can do what you want. Wait it out here if you feel that will get you to the majors
You keep talking, but we want to see action.
Quote: i learned in college that airlines hires until they furlough.
Did that class take the entire semester?
Quote: If you believe SkyWest is hiring 100 a month I have some magic beans to sell you... It's not even a third of that.
You should go take a look at the seniority list and rethink that. Someone hired just 16 months ago already has 1000 pilots below them. Add in attrition over that time and the average might not be a hundred but it's certainly higher than 33.

If you were hired 8 months ago, you'd have 600 pilots junior to you on the list.

-- But you can't look at the list because you don't work here do you?
SkyWest isn't hiring around 30 guys a month???

News to me since we just finished a class of 60 CRJ hires then add the ERJ hires on top of that
Could you hold LAX after training? If not, how long? I'm looking to stay close to home.
The list doesn't lie. 200 added over the last 60 days.
Quote: Could you hold LAX after training? If not, how long? I'm looking to stay close to home.
Nope. Most Junior CRJ FO is an April 2015 hire. It's slightly more junior on the 175, but the base doesn't open until May. This is subject to change however, but as of right now it's one of the more senior FO bases we have.
472  972  1372  1422  1462  1468  1469  1470  1471  1472  1473  1474  1475  1476  1482 
Page 1472 of 1519
Go to