Tool of the day

Subscribe
23  523  923  973  1013  1019  1020  1021  1022  1023  1024  1025  1026  1027  1033  1073  1123 
Page 1023 of 1239
Go to
Quote: https://youtu.be/kQFeZRNNL6U

Captain Hollywood.... not just tool of the day
Had to google myself.

Jesus.

Edit: Couldn't make it past 1:98.
Quote: https://youtu.be/kQFeZRNNL6U

Captain Hollywood.... not just tool of the day
You have the option of exiting YouTube when listening to Captain Hollywood. However, there’s no escape from this fool’s diatribe whilst sitting in the cabin awaiting departure.
Quote: Had to google myself.

Jesus.

Edit: Couldn't make it past 1:98.
Are you really Jesus?
I’d like to nominate myself. I wasn’t just a tool of the day, I’m also self reporting as douche of the day. I was jump seating to Atlanta on expressjet from an airport in south Florida. I went to the cockpit to ask permission. The Captain was an older male and the pilot on the right was a younger female. I addressed the Skipper as Captain and asked for a ride. As always, the crew was gracious and accommodating. Upon arrival, I thanked the older pilot and merely said goodbye to the younger pilot. While waiting for my bag in the jet bridge, I saw that both pilots had 4 stripes. I assumed that she was an FO, I barely acknowledged her and Didn’t acknowledge her rank. Sorry...
Quote: I’d like to nominate myself. I wasn’t just a tool of the day, I’m also self reporting as douche of the day. I was jump seating to Atlanta on expressjet from an airport in south Florida. I went to the cockpit to ask permission. The Captain was an older male and the pilot on the right was a younger female. I addressed the Skipper as Captain and asked for a ride. As always, the crew was gracious and accommodating. Upon arrival, I thanked the older pilot and merely said goodbye to the younger pilot. While waiting for my bag in the jet bridge, I saw that both pilots had 4 stripes. I assumed that she was an FO, I barely acknowledged her and Didn’t acknowledge her rank. Sorry...
I don’t know what the forum rules are, but the fact that self reporting yourself here, and admitting your oversight/mistake, kind of takes you from tool of the day to cool of the day, in my opinion.

I have noticed that there are a lot of “older, gray haired, Fo’s lately at the regionals. This guy was probably getting OE from the younger female, As I’m sure you already figured out. And allowed him to “run the show” like a good check airman.

I’m guessing the growth of older pilots starting over at the regionals is because of the dramatic turn in our pay rates, at the majors, over the last few years, and guys from corporate, and retiring military, again see a benefit in getting 121 current to try for a major airline job.
Quote: I’d like to nominate myself. I wasn’t just a tool of the day, I’m also self reporting as douche of the day. I was jump seating to Atlanta on expressjet from an airport in south Florida. I went to the cockpit to ask permission. The Captain was an older male and the pilot on the right was a younger female. I addressed the Skipper as Captain and asked for a ride. As always, the crew was gracious and accommodating. Upon arrival, I thanked the older pilot and merely said goodbye to the younger pilot. While waiting for my bag in the jet bridge, I saw that both pilots had 4 stripes. I assumed that she was an FO, I barely acknowledged her and Didn’t acknowledge her rank. Sorry...
You should be flogged for such an indiscretion. Seriously though, lighten up Francis.
When I jumpseat I acknowledge both pilots regardless of “rank.” It’s common courtesy. This isn’t the military.
Quote: When I jumpseat I acknowledge both pilots regardless of “rank.” It’s common courtesy. This isn’t the military.
Personally I stand with one pace inside the door, at full attention and formally state my request as follows:

Sir (ma’am), This is regional pilot (rank, last name) requesting use of your jumpseat for the duration of flight (flt number)!

Once given permission, I salute and shake the FOs hand.

If the captain isn’t present, I just introduce myself to the FO, make a crude joke of some kind then go take a seat or start texting
Quote: When I jumpseat I acknowledge both pilots regardless of “rank.” It’s common courtesy. This isn’t the military.
No kidding. This was exactly what I thought. Seriously, you didn’t thank the FO because of her “rank”? Wow.
Meh, it happens. That said, i always make eye contact with both while introducing myself and thank both as I'm deplaning.
23  523  923  973  1013  1019  1020  1021  1022  1023  1024  1025  1026  1027  1033  1073  1123 
Page 1023 of 1239
Go to