Tool of the day

Subscribe
375  425  465  471  472  473  474  475  476  477  478  479  485  525  575  975 
Page 475 of 1239
Go to
This one is probably way too Delta-specific: the guy at Allied Airbus that decides which vans are still road-worthy (all of them), and which need passable steering, shock-absorbers, and seatbelts (none of them).

They should at least give you an epidural kit, and a barf-bag when they pick you up...
Quote: The actual number is 200#. The rest is overage and is funneled to cover cost of Area 51.
At least you have an APU.. No AC or heat in the hummer until engine start.
Quote: Not always FAs. 1 hour+ to push, 40 degrees F outside, sun shining on him so he's a little warm. Cranks the APU. I shut it down, told him to crack his window.
Yeah some guys just don't get it. While we tend to zoom in on the fuel costs, APU's are actually substantually more expensive than that especially those "power by the hour" ones. The actual per hour costs inluding fuel, MX and leasing (where applicable) are borderline stunning.

So we're running $400+/hr coffee machines one day and the next day sweating out the cabin trying to wait til 5 prior. Its one of the few areas the $#!+ hot pilot cadre in this country could improve on.
Quote: The only person that is impressed with you being a pilot is the hot girls boyfriend.
Exactly. Which brings me to:

TOTD: Any of the amorous airmen and line boys who try to hit on Mrs. Cardiomd in the FBO lounge. On numerous occasion I have had to chase away pilots who are trying to chat her up in a not subtle way while ignoring me. She looks much younger than she is, but seriously, sometimes she is old enough to be some of these guys' mother. She also has a big ring on her finger. You would think that some of these dudes have never seen an actual woman before.

I now carry a rolled-up Trade-A-Plane to swat any pilot who gets too close and thinks he has a chance.
Quote: Exactly. Which brings me to:

TOTD: Any of the amorous airmen and line boys who try to hit on Mrs. Cardiomd in the FBO lounge. On numerous occasion I have had to chase away pilots who are trying to chat her up in a not subtle way while ignoring me. She looks much younger than she is, but seriously, sometimes she is old enough to be some of these guys' mother. She also has a big ring on her finger. You would think that some of these dudes have never seen an actual woman before.

I now carry a rolled-up Trade-A-Plane to swat any pilot who gets too close and thinks he has a chance.
Pictures or it isn't true!!

DennyCrane!
Quote: Pictures or it isn't true!!

DennyCrane!
First off I'm a tool:

Mrs Cardiomd? I'd hit that!
Quote: Exactly. Which brings me to:

Some pilots think of that as an invitation rather than a deterrent.
TOD: An MD hanging around an airline pilot board trying to impress us with how hot his wife is.

'Scuse me while i dash over to the medical boards to post a few pictures of my wife.....

Wouldn't you rather be chatting on the Bonanza boards or updating your foreflight subscription?
Imagine what's going on when you're not there with your rolled up trade-a-plane.

For my planning purposes, which FBO can she be found in?
Quote: First off I'm a tool:

Mrs Cardiomd? I'd hit that!
That's not her, that's Deborah Hersman!
375  425  465  471  472  473  474  475  476  477  478  479  485  525  575  975 
Page 475 of 1239
Go to