Tool of the day

Subscribe
189  589  639  679  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  692  693  699  739  789  1189 
Page 689 of 1239
Go to
Quote: ...and if you survey the first class cabin these days 50+% of the professionals sitting in it carry one.
Totally false statement. At MOST, you'll see maybe 2 to 3 people in first class with a back pack. That's nowhere near your 50% of an average 12 to 22 seat first class cabin.
Quote: Yes it is!

Flew a segment from ATL to DAL last week with a whole buncha 'Bama fans going to the game. The Captain is an Auburn guy but he had the class to make a PA and wish them all luck...with a "War Eagle" thrown in at the end. We could hear the "boos" and laughter and cheering in the cockpit.

College football, keep beat the intensity and spirit of it. ROLL TIDE!
Keep your backpack on
Quote: UAL allows a backpack so long as it is black and isn't carried over your shoulder...

In other words you can have a backpack... You just can't wear it on your back! :-)
That's nothing....DAL tells us to "Keep our backpacks on!"
Guys going into DTW and not knowing how to fly a offset loc. I also nominate my self for telling them on the radio that they can fly one in green needles on the crj. Probably not the most professional on my part.
Quote: Guys going into DTW and not knowing how to fly a offset loc. I also nominate my self for telling them on the radio that they can fly one in green needles on the crj. Probably not the most professional on my part.
How did you have time to do that between your guard policing calls?
Quote: How did you have time to do that between your guard policing calls?
Sorry but that's not me.
So the other day I flared a couple feet too high, and got a little bit of a float on landing. Speed was right on Vref, but the slightly early flare meant we floated maybe 300 feet past the desired touchdown point, but touched down very softly, on centerline. In my book the landing was maybe a 7 out of 10. In 7,000 hours I've certainly made plenty of lousy landings; this wasn't one of them.

Anyhow, the crusty, cranky ol' CA, a couple years from retirement, who'd spent the entire flight telling me about how the Jews and blacks are taking over America (really?!?) proceeds to give me an exhaustive and arrogantly-styled lecture in flare techniques, the importance of never floating a foot past the touchdown zone, etc etc. This tirade continues for the next hour, as he takes the next leg into an airport with about the shortest runway in our entire system. 'Let me show you how to do it right', says Capt. Yeager.

Anyhow, this guy forgets to pull the power off -- like, literally just forgets -- and we go sailing down the runway, 10 feet up, for a frighteningly long time, the end of the runway staring us in the face. Just as I call for a go-around, this guy yanks the power, slams it down, almost bounces back into the air, and stands on the brakes. I'm still not sure how we stopped in time. A few overhead bins opened, raining luggage on the pax. Fortunately no one was hurt, though the brake temp indicators displayed values I'd never seen outside the sim.

On the next leg, did I get an apology? A debrief of the landing and what went wrong? Nope. Just more ranting about the blacks and the Jews.

Tool of the year, if you ask me.
Quote: So the other day I flared a couple feet too high, and got a little bit of a float on landing. Speed was right on Vref, but the slightly early flare meant we floated maybe 300 feet past the desired touchdown point, but touched down very softly, on centerline. In my book the landing was maybe a 7 out of 10. In 7,000 hours I've certainly made plenty of lousy landings; this wasn't one of them.

Anyhow, the crusty, cranky ol' CA, a couple years from retirement, who'd spent the entire flight telling me about how the Jews and blacks are taking over America (really?!?) proceeds to give me an exhaustive and arrogantly-styled lecture in flare techniques, the importance of never floating a foot past the touchdown zone, etc etc. This tirade continues for the next hour, as he takes the next leg into an airport with about the shortest runway in our entire system. 'Let me show you how to do it right', says Capt. Yeager.

Anyhow, this guy forgets to pull the power off -- like, literally just forgets -- and we go sailing down the runway, 10 feet up, for a frighteningly long time, the end of the runway staring us in the face. Just as I call for a go-around, this guy yanks the power, slams it down, almost bounces back into the air, and stands on the brakes. I'm still not sure how we stopped in time. A few overhead bins opened, raining luggage on the pax. Fortunately no one was hurt, though the brake temp indicators displayed values I'd never seen outside the sim.

On the next leg, did I get an apology? A debrief of the landing and what went wrong? Nope. Just more ranting about the blacks and the Jews.

Tool of the year, if you ask me.

I hope his next next FO is a black jew.
Quote: I hope his next next FO is a black jew.
Better yet, a black Jew who converted to Islam. His head would explode.
Quote: I hope his next next FO is a black jew.
Crew scheduling called...

189  589  639  679  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  692  693  699  739  789  1189 
Page 689 of 1239
Go to