Tool of the day

Subscribe
49  89  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  109  149  199  599  1099 
Page 99 of 1239
Go to
Quote: TOTD nominee.

I'm standing behind the gate kiosk looking at the weather for the flight. Passenger with bluetooth ear device stomps up to gate and says in a demanding tone "I need a seat assignment". I politely tell them the gate agent will be back in a minute to take care of that request. He replies with a gruff sigh and says "Why the hell can't you do it?". He then stomps away.
Well I had a similar experience. I was alone at the jet bridge reading the release when a woman from another gate comes running up to me and asked in a rude tone where the 9:45 pm flight to Boston is leaving out of (it was 9:35 pm). I told her that I just got to the airport 10 minutes ago and only know about the flight I was working. I then told her that she passed a large board on her way over to me that had a list of all the flights and their gates. She made it clear she was mad that I didn’t know off the top of my head and left while I was trying to direct her to the departure board.

Five minutes later, she came back to me and said the flight was not on the board. I told her that if it is not on the board then she does not have the correct flight information and that I have never seen them not put a flight on the board. While telling her that the gate agent at the next gate would be more helpful, she screams “You work for United and that means you must be able to figure out where one of your flights are departing!” I gladly told her I worked as a subcontractor and had to figure out where United flights were departing just like any other passenger. She stormed off and the gate agent for my flight comes up from the jet bridge. He looks up her supposed 9:45pm flight, but all he could find was a 9:30 pm flight that had already departed.
Quote: TOTD nominee.

I'm standing behind the gate kiosk looking at the weather for the flight. Passenger with bluetooth ear device stomps up to gate and says in a demanding tone "I need a seat assignment". I politely tell them the gate agent will be back in a minute to take care of that request. He replies with a gruff sigh and says "Why the hell can't you do it?". He then stomps away.
I would have 'assigned' him a seat allright... right next to the podium.
One of my favorites are the folks who talk all kinds of crap about ALPA, the airline industry, or both, but still they sport the ALPA lanyard.
Quote: One of my favorites are the folks who talk all kinds of crap about ALPA, the airline industry, or both, but still they sport the ALPA lanyard.
That is because they got it for free.
Quote: That is because they got it for free.
There are lots of other free or cheap lanyards...
Quote:
Quote: no, I just made it a point to flush several times in the next stall over
A "courtesy flush" is never a bad thing!

TOTD award goes to those in a public restroom that don't know what "courtesy flushes" are!

GJ
Or even what a normal flush is.
The pilot (usually on a bus) that asks every controller they check in with for ride reports even though there is not a single ripple anywhere within 2000 miles.
Quote: The pilot (usually on a bus) that asks every controller they check in with for ride reports even though there is not a single ripple anywhere within 2000 miles.
Can you tell it's an airbus by their french accent?

Just curious on your inate intuition as well as why it gets your blood pressure up.

Airbus driving Delta pilots are the worst. Everybody knows this
Quote: 80,

Airbus driving Delta pilots are the worst. Everybody knows this
Most of them are pretty good. I'm the one that brings the bar wayyy down.
49  89  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  109  149  199  599  1099 
Page 99 of 1239
Go to