What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
191  241  281  287  288  289  290  291  292  293  294  295  301  341  391  791 
Page 291 of 1068
Go to
Quote: A lot of it is not so much her, but the tools they give her to do that job, and the system in place that she uses. She doesn't set out to mess this up to **** us off. That said, figure out a better way. they never came out that way before, with every pilot in the companies current position and 10 prefs and we decipher the chart. Going line by line over 1700 pilots multiple bids is bound to lend itself to mess ups!
SkyWest IT developed a system to run the awards. Sadly they didn't program a way to incorporate category freezes. They're still doing it manually as a result. That is simply crazy. It really shouldn't be that hard to program a system that references a freeze list, or one that shows a live projected award for that matter.
Hope the open time trading is fixed in the new contract. I think it's hilarious that I can't drop a two day for a high time three day because one of the days doesn't have the REQUIRED 13 reserves available, when we don't even have 13 reserve lines. Good program have fun covering that 3 day
Quote: Hope the open time trading is fixed in the new contract. I think it's hilarious that I can't drop a two day for a high time three day because one of the days doesn't have the REQUIRED 13 reserves available, when we don't even have 13 reserve lines. Good program have fun covering that 3 day

Amen

Also need to fix how naps calculate in that formula. The return section coming from an out station shouldn't count as an open trip
Quote: A lot of it is not so much her, but the tools they give her to do that job, and the system in place that she uses. She doesn't set out to mess this up to **** us off. That said, figure out a better way. they never came out that way before, with every pilot in the companies current position and 10 prefs and we decipher the chart. Going line by line over 1700 pilots multiple bids is bound to lend itself to mess ups!
My last airline that was running on stone-age technology even had a program where you could see everyones live standing bid in real time. We also even had conditional bidding. You can't tell me SkyWest IT can't develop or implement a live standing bid program.
Quote: My last airline that was running on stone-age technology even had a program where you could see everyones live standing bid in real time. We also even had conditional bidding. You can't tell me SkyWest IT can't develop or implement a live standing bid program.
They can. It's just not currently important enough to them, or they would.
Quote: My last airline that was running on stone-age technology even had a program where you could see everyones live standing bid in real time. We also even had conditional bidding. You can't tell me SkyWest IT can't develop or implement a live standing bid program.
Oh, I agree. I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying they haven't! They need to improve this crap system.
I hope you all enjoy your $60 Q1 payout. For me that was $38 after taxes. TFAYD
Quote: I hope you all enjoy your $60 Q1 payout. For me that was $38 after taxes. TFAYD

YES! There's this pair of shoes I've been eyeing down at the goodwill store.....I hope there're still there
Skywest Earnings call is live. Summary so far:

Skywest Airlines: Very good quarter

ExpressJet Airlines: Very bad quarter due to winter storms
Brad Rich seems to allude that most of ExpressJet's losses came on the Legacy ExpressJet side due to weather and poor spare aircraft ratios.

Only 50% of merger synergies have been met. Majority of the remaining synergies dependent on labor JCBAs
191  241  281  287  288  289  290  291  292  293  294  295  301  341  391  791 
Page 291 of 1068
Go to