jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
292  792  1192  1242  1282  1288  1289  1290  1291  1292  1293  1294  1295  1296  1302  1342  1392 
Page 1292 of 1434
Go to
But, but….caring….and fun!
Quote: In the end the plane's are moving so attrition isn't that big of a problem. Just glancing at the VDA list for my base and seat, there are 10 guys staring at their phone's blank screen praying for it to ring with a NY number. That's in addition to the other Flica stalkers that will do it for 50% less when the little X pops up. In the end, flights are notoriously late which we know we are famous for but the people get there. Top brass get's their stock distributions worth millions as said in another post: '85,000 > RH , 55,555 > JG". The rest will get their bonuses, and we get to deal with the aftermath when somebody didn't bother to book you a hotel and you are standing in the terminal at 2am with the janitors staring at you while on hold and off the clock.

Why put out more and make it legal with a contract when you can just throw in a few quarts of oil to replace what is getting burned rather than paying for an overhaul.
That's all true, right now. But you said in your original post that Orlando has no prayer of doing the training they are expecting to do, so my point was and is at some point in the near future the attrition combined with a training backlog will cause a staffing disaster. The metal is moving now, but that is no guarantee it moves as planned in the future, just like the famous investment disclosure...
Can anyone confirm that JB recruiters will be at WAI conference in BNA next month?
I’ve searched the WAI conference site and itinerary but cannot seem to get a definitive answer.

Thanks,
Kirk
Quote: Can anyone confirm that JB recruiters will be at WAI conference in BNA next month?
I’ve searched the WAI conference site and itinerary but cannot seem to get a definitive answer.

Thanks,
Kirk
Yes, they will be .
Quote: Can anyone confirm that JB recruiters will be at WAI conference in BNA next month?

Thanks,
Kirk
Yes, they will be .
Quote: That's all true, right now. But you said in your original post that Orlando has no prayer of doing the training they are expecting to do, so my point was and is at some point in the near future the attrition combined with a training backlog will cause a staffing disaster. The metal is moving now, but that is no guarantee it moves as planned in the future, just like the famous investment disclosure...
bingo.

I can tell you OSC is a mess, and it’s definitely not the instructors fault. They are just as beat down as line guys. Lots of instructor “open time” but the company will not pay more than straight time for it. I’m already 5 days delayed and we just started a week ago. The other problem is a backlog in training is not a fast fix. I guess we will all get to watch it happen. This company management has really lost the plot.
Why the company won’t offer instructors open time at 1.5 blows my mind. I’m sure there wouldn’t be any open time
Quote: New hires can expect

A320 - JFK, BOS, LAX (Last class did not receive BOS as an option)
E190 - JFK, BOS
A220 - BOS (only base currently for 220)

Thank you for your time to respond.
Quote: QOL is very dependent on what you want. If you wanna be home every night allegiant has a better quality of life. If you want a guaranteed block of days off then spirt is for you. Don’t know much about frontier.
Reading here the 190 is the mostly backed up with training and the training pay is not very good.

Someone actually in training may have better answers.
Thank you!

Based on what I read, it is not as rosy as what some people would say, especially if you live in Florida, and want to avoid commuting and won't really have the chance to hold a base there unless you're on the 190, and I heard reserves is very long as well.

Yeah being home more often is ideal, i'm used to being away from home 2 weeks at a time, but I want to be home more often than that now.
Quote: Why the company won’t offer instructors open time at 1.5 blows my mind. I’m sure there wouldn’t be any open time
I agree, but I kinda see it both ways..most IP’s are already on a 90hr guarantee, you start adding in pickups of 150% and they get real expensive real quick. But on the other hand, how do you make problems go away.. throw money at it. Works every time. There’s no excuse for the backlog
292  792  1192  1242  1282  1288  1289  1290  1291  1292  1293  1294  1295  1296  1302  1342  1392 
Page 1292 of 1434
Go to