Search
Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by ysslah View Post
Can someone who currently works for JetBlue please email the people department and ask what's the deal with uploading documents and file names? I tried everything but no luck. It would suck if I submit an incomplete application due to IT issues.
I was having a hard time as well until I realized that the "Name" box is actually something other than the filename of whatever file you're uploading. For example, your resume might be ABC_Resume_0814.pdf, and in the box next to it you can just type "Resume" to attach that name to it within the context of your app.

Or something like that. Worked for me anyway on Firefox, no issues.

However, it seems like the gouge I see on here that you can go back and add documents later isn't accurate. I just submitted my app and it shows "submitted," but no link or way to go back and add supporting documents that I see.

I'm willing to be proven wrong on that though.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 PM
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by TallFlyer View Post
I was having a hard time as well until I realized that the "Name" box is actually something other than the filename of whatever file you're uploading. For example, your resume might be ABC_Resume_0814.pdf, and in the box next to it you can just type "Resume" to attach that name to it within the context of your app.

Or something like that. Worked for me anyway on Firefox, no issues.

However, it seems like the gouge I see on here that you can go back and add documents later isn't accurate. I just submitted my app and it shows "submitted," but no link or way to go back and add supporting documents that I see.

I'm willing to be proven wrong on that though.
You don't access the application after it is sent. Go to your main profile and upload to the Additional Documents section.

Chose 'update profile information' after you log in, click submit at the bottom of the page, then scroll down to 'Documents' where you can add resume/cover letter/LORs
Old 08-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: My toilet seat for now

Hello everyone;

Total Time 4000
PIC:.............................. 2637
JET PIC:......................... 0
JET SIC:............ 1142
MULTI-ENGINE TIME:...... 1330
FLIGHT ENGINEER TIME:... 960/B747-200

I have not flown anything heavy since 2003 as I have been running a business. I stay current in various aircraft but they are all light single and multi-engine airplanes. Is there any chance that jBlue would hire me? One thing I can say is that I am a hell of a nice and fun guy!! LOL
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by NYCPiLoT757 View Post
Hello everyone;

Total Time 4000

I have not flown anything heavy since 2003 as I have been running a business. I stay current in various aircraft but they are all light single and multi-engine airplanes. Is there any chance that jBlue would hire me? One thing I can say is that I am a hell of a nice and fun guy!! LOL
I thought about busting your balls just for asking on apc, but since youre a nice fun guy and all I'll spare you.

For every guy out there that wants a job. you just gotta apply man. I'd get current in something that burns jet a. You'll never know if you don't apply.

Good luck
Old 08-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
You don't access the application after it is sent. Go to your main profile and upload to the Additional Documents section.

Chose 'update profile information' after you log in, click submit at the bottom of the page, then scroll down to 'Documents' where you can add resume/cover letter/LORs
Got it, that makes sense now. I guess I'm now wondering if those documents show up in relation to the applicant when they're looking at a specific application or not.

More than likely I'm just worrying about it too much. Either they do or they don't, just put them up there anyway when they become available to me.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: My toilet seat for now

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
I thought about busting your balls just for asking on apc, but since youre a nice fun guy and all I'll spare you.

For every guy out there that wants a job. you just gotta apply man. I'd get current in something that burns jet a. You'll never know if you don't apply.

Good luck
Thanks for goin easy on me Capt Cool.... I'm afraid to ask stuff on here cause I usually get the beat down!! LOL. I have my stuff in and have a very good friend that's a Captain and a recruiter which I plan on asking for a little push. We went to Aviation High School in NYC together back in the 80's and I'm hoping he can lend a helping hand.

Also, I do have a Boeing 747 type rating which I hope helps a little! Thanks again!!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by NYCPiLoT757 View Post
Hello everyone;

Total Time 4000

I'm around 4,000 TT and been told here that's kind of light for a civilian. Funny I never mentioned my background. Last year I went to a Spirit job fair and they said I have no glass time, no 121 experience and Lear Jet pilots are not doing well in training. I said, "what if I get glass time in a Beech Baron?" got a blank expression.

This is such a supply and demand industry.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
What did everyone put down for the "skills" section? "i.e. leadership, software, management"

For us military guys are we supposed to list all of those things and basically say they have applied to us since we joined the military?

And also what about certifications? Are we supposed to list all of our FAA ratings here? Seems redundant...
Bumping this back up, as the wife is applying. Does anyone have any real guidance for the skills and certification sections?
Old 08-05-2014, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: Ablue320

Does anyone know if JetBlue gives applicants "extra credit points" if they attend the career fairs? I know last go around they found a lot of there interviewees from the fair, but is this because they don't have enough internal rec's to look at.
Also, is the Bluedart program still around.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Airbus 320 Right Seat
Default jetBlue Hiring

Yes attending job fairs helps without a doubt. Not like there is a button you can press that days hey I have attending 8 jobs fairs . But the recruiters at those fairs make notes on your résumé when being handed to them. Job fairs are a great way to get in the door. Sad part is JetBlue does not attend many.