jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
181  581  631  671  677  678  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  691  731  781  1181 
Page 681 of 1434
Go to
Quote: No. A guy that stays in shape by eating clean and lifting 5-6 days a week. And if I were, what does it matter? I'm not the director of the entertainment committee. I have friends and a life outside of work. If I worked in an office would I go drink with my coworkers every night? No. I'll go out here and there but I left the frat boy stuff at the regionals.

I find day drinking followed by a red eye to have a deleterious effect on my sleep. So yeah, I slam click instead of slam beers at 7am when I have to fly all night in 23 hours. I never understood the perceived obligation to force oneself into a social situation one would not engage in if one were in another profession. Because the 20 something FAs would CERTAINLY hang out with us 40+ something pilots if we were 9-5 accountants not picking up the tab. Yeah. I guess I'm a "non-pilot pilot" in that I actually enjoy hanging out and sleeping with my own wife. But that's just me. If the company ink is your thing dip your pen right in. By the way, all my classmates were at the same hotel and we socialized just fine outside of a company compound.
Thanks for the monologue. I'm just talking about when your stuck down for 6 weeks straight.
Quote: You know where you hang out and socialize with classmates? Off company property at a non company owned bar. Man if there was video cameras on us during our new hire class we'd probably have had a few meetings with the bosses.

I strongly agree with this statement.
Quote: Thanks for the monologue. I'm just talking about when your stuck down for 6 weeks straight.
Thanks for the attitude. What high school are you currently attending? Congratulations on getting through the gateway 7 program! If you're going to sardonically critique my comments please do so with proper grammar in yours; it's just professional courtesy.
Quote: Thanks for the attitude. What high school are you currently attending? Are you gateway 7 by chance? If you're going to sardonically critique my comments please do so with proper grammar in yours; it's just professional courtesy.
And it was more of a soliloquy than a monologue. :-)
Quote: And it was more of a soliloquy than a monologue. :-)
Funny you mention that. I was thinking the same thing!
Quote: Thanks for the monologue. I'm just talking about when your stuck down for 6 weeks straight.
Quote: Thanks for the attitude. What high school are you currently attending? Congratulations on getting through the gateway 7 program! If you're going to sardonically critique my comments please do so with proper grammar in yours; it's just professional courtesy.
Quote: And it was more of a soliloquy than a monologue. :-)
Quote: Funny you mention that. I was thinking the same thing!
Boys, boys...... If you can't play nice with one another.......
Quote: Paranoid? What's next...you gonna say trumps hair is real!
You've been on property all of 4 months now if that, and that's all you took away from that whole post?

Spend some quality time with the CBB for a list of all the "thou-shalt-nots" that could easily happen eating, sleeping, drinking, and fraternizing on company property. If you think that stuff can't and won't be used against you if the company desires, you might be a bit naive to hold an ATP.

Sounds like you enjoyed your time there. I think it will be just fine for recurrent, and I'm awfully glad I got to do all my long training events in places with multi-room suites and a kitchen to keep my own 6-pack.
Quote: I didn't realize they had so many cameras on the ramp at JFK. Better wear that yellow vest and do those pre-flights properly...
Yep. Several years ago we had an Embraer depart without the cowl latches fastened... The subsequent investigation netted the FO some unpaid time off when the cameras showed a very cursory stroll past the engines😒
Quote: You've been on property all of 4 months now if that, and that's all you took away from that whole post?

Spend some quality time with the CBB for a list of all the "thou-shalt-nots" that could easily happen eating, sleeping, drinking, and fraternizing on company property. If you think that stuff can't and won't be used against you if the company desires, you might be a bit naive to hold an ATP.

Sounds like you enjoyed your time there. I think it will be just fine for recurrent, and I'm awfully glad I got to do all my long training events in places with multi-room suites and a kitchen to keep my own 6-pack.
Exactly. You're likely to be recorded in some fashion from the moment you're on company property, till the moment you're off. That's just reality, and not unique to jetBlue or even just airlines in general. It's highly unlikely the company will ever pay attention to all those images or data about you they capture, but heaven forbid something happens to cause them to pay attention to you, you better believe they'll dig up all of the video and data surveillance on you and use it against you. Behave like an adult at work, and you'll be fine.
On a related note, I don't get all the guys covering up the cameras on their iPads with INOP stickers. Are THEY the tin foil hat wearers or can jetBlue IT really watch me to make sure I'm DIAFRIPS-ing it properly?!
I use electrical tape... Lol but it's less for jb it and more for the creepy hotel hack. I don't use my company ipad for personal entertainment though. I bought my own. I put tape on my personal camera too unless I'm using it for FaceTime with the kiddos.

I shaped my hat in the form of a pirate hat though. It's part of my Kira knightly fantasy.
181  581  631  671  677  678  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  691  731  781  1181 
Page 681 of 1434
Go to