jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
282  682  732  772  778  779  780  781  782  783  784  785  786  792  832  882  1282 
Page 782 of 1434
Go to
In 1990 was told by AWA management that we would be acquiring all TWA domestic assets. Guess that finally happened!

GP
Quote: Can anyone who has interviewed recently tell me anything about the 2 hour computer assessment? Is this counted towards your score? Or just just for gathering info at this point? Also if anyone minds passing their TMAAT questions via PM that would be appreciated too. Thanks.
The first 30 min of the test was a pita! I'm sure I failed that part! Everyone I've talked to since said the same thing. I don't really know how you'd study for it either. Maybe if I was very fast at algebra would have helped on a few? But it was a crazy. Sort of all over the place. The rest was personality type questions and no big deal. I walked out of there thinking I just blew it. Bottom line: don't worry about it. Doesn't have anything to do with getting hired. (Was told later by an HR type, "don't worry about that fricken test"!). I got the welcome to phase 2 email the next day... )
Quote: Sounds like not all parties are on the same page in regards to the wide body question. On Tuesday, at my interview, all the base Chief Pilots were there answering questions for us candidates. When that question came up all gave indications that it wasn't going to be anytime soon as it's a big risk (very expensive planes to purchase, can't land/take off to/from every airport JB services, gate restrictions, Etc.). So if flying the wide body is important to you, ya might want to look elsewhere. They are getting the 320/321NEO planes as they become available for longer international flights though.
The question I had posed to the VP of Flight Ops was, if Airbus can deliver on their promises regarding the capabilities of the LR, would they(B6) be interested. I was told that was the best billion dollar question of the day fwiw. If B6 does M&A with HA, you'll see WBs IMO, outside of that it'll be LRs. My two cents.

Quote: The first 30 min of the test was a pita! I'm sure I failed that part! Everyone I've talked to since said the same thing. I don't really know how you'd study for it either. Maybe if I was very fast at algebra would have helped on a few? But it was a crazy. Sort of all over the place. The rest was personality type questions and no big deal. I walked out of there thinking I just blew it. Bottom line: don't worry about it. Doesn't have anything to do with getting hired. (Was told later by an HR type, "don't worry about that fricken test"!). I got the welcome to phase 2 email the next day... )

Ok now I am out of the loop here,when did they start giving this assessment test? This something new? I have my phone screen today.
Just when you think you are prepared. Wham!
Quote: Ok now I am out of the loop here,when did they start giving this assessment test? This something new? I have my phone screen today.
Just when you think you are prepared. Wham!
Just over 6 months I believe. It's mainly to gather data points for the Gateway Select Program. The idea was to get a "pilot group" baseline however the Union is not a fan of the program and most of the pilot group hence they were having no dice getting the group to take the assessment. That's when new hire interviewees were selected to take it. As has been mentioned it still has no bearing on your Interview performance/selection. It involves a number of hand eye co-ordination/psychomotor tests and also an MMPI test related to personality and psychopathology.

It's a bit of a bear but nothing to worry about. Be well rested for the day and have all your TMAAT questions prepared in advance and you will do well. A lot has been said here before about various Interview Preps which I will echo, I personally didn't use one of the major Interview prep company's such as Emerald Coast, but from personal friends that did use those resources they had resounding success with the Jetblue Interview. As for gouge, I'll repeat as well that aviationinterviews.com is money well spent(about $20). Hope that helps.

For anybody doing their phone screens today, were you offered an interview date and time yet?

Thanks
Thanks speedbird!
Quote: For anybody doing their phone screens today, were you offered an interview date and time yet?

Thanks
I was offered May10th. I assume an email will be forthcoming with the details.
Quote: I was offered May10th. I assume an email will be forthcoming with the details.
Same boat, waiting on time slots. Congrats and good luck!
Quote: I was offered May10th. I assume an email will be forthcoming with the details.
Did they just ask the basic tell me about yourself and why JetBlue? Or did it get more in depth? For flight times was it more than just your updated total time and last 12/6 months?
Thanks
282  682  732  772  778  779  780  781  782  783  784  785  786  792  832  882  1282 
Page 782 of 1434
Go to