Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
119  169  209  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  229  269  319  719 
Page 219 of 779
Go to
Quote: Since every airline is different, how long does it take an FO to hold full weekends off?
No PBS, its based on the number of lines created with weekends off. I've seen some with hardly any weekends off. Crapshoot.

Baja.
Quote: That's hard to say, do you have a specific base in mind?
SEA

thanks!
They are hiring? Only place I have been able to find to apply is at Horizon. After all the news articles about how many people they planned to hire I thought the mailbox would be wide open.
Quote: They are hiring? Only place I have been able to find to apply is at Horizon. After all the news articles about how many people they planned to hire I thought the mailbox would be wide open.
Yeah there's hiring going on. But all the new hires are being put into a pool to swim around in until at least July from the most recent email from HR.
Quote: They are hiring? Only place I have been able to find to apply is at Horizon. After all the news articles about how many people they planned to hire I thought the mailbox would be wide open.
You have to wait till the job window opens for Alaska.
Keep monitoring the window. Classes to resume in mid July and there will be 1-2 classes every month through December.
Quote: SEA

thanks!
I think it would be a while, not sure how long. I'm LAX based and March was my first month I was able to bid and got an Open Flying line (a line created with whats left over after the normal bid). I have two weekends off on my OF line (where I finish before noon on Sat and have Sunday off), and 14 days off.

My fellow classmates who went to Seattle will be on reserve for a bit.

I have noticed that in LAX for March it is very difficult to trade trips and our reserve coverage seems to always be low so dropping trips isn't happening either. Also just not a lot in open time. Seattle seems to have much more variety and options in the schedule.
14 days off....ouch
Quote: 14 days off....ouch
You need to get ahold of an AS bid package. On second thought, keep those eyes away it might defer the pain. Several 12 day off lines.

You can always make more money... you can never make more time, especially with loved ones.
???!
That's a regional schedule. At least it's a QX one.
Please tell me that's an aberration.
119  169  209  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  229  269  319  719 
Page 219 of 779
Go to