Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
139  189  229  235  236  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  249  289  339  739 
Page 239 of 780
Go to
Quote: That was for last year. You're right that it's not too impressive but neither is yours. Some of you guys act like alaska's contract is the holy grail of contracts.

VX work rules are poor and well below some regionals.

AS contrast is poor and below several regionals.

We are both in the gutter. Stop acting like you're high and mighty.
I'm not ever going to shake pom poms for Alaska Airlines and I've never been "high and mighty" because I work here. I will however, suggest to you that if you're not happy that Alaska bought you, you should consider leaving. Personally, I consider you to be lucky as hell that this happened. You were facing a very uncertain future as a stand alone VX. You have no contract. If you think that our contract is inferior and not up to your standards, Consider this:

Virgin America...whose Captains made $90.00 an hour at a NON UNION carrier, severely undermined our abilities to negotiate a industry standard contract for the last TWO contract cycles. YOU were willing to work for a non union carrier, for extremely low wages, with crap work rules and NO CONTRACT WHATSOEVER. Don't fool yourself, your group was the proverbial albatross around the neck of unionized airlines. Not being a dick here...just the facts. Now that you've gotten a taste of the actually managerial styles of our leadership, consider the ammunition VX has provided them the last 10 years. Do you think they didn't notice you? Wrong. So. Let me just say that any VX guys that ***** about our contract...well...I guess you can assume what I have to say about that.
Now that the VX camel has his nose in the tent, it looks like some folks are finally seeing the truth about their origin.
Quote: I'm not ever going to shake pom poms for Alaska Airlines and I've never been "high and mighty" because I work here. I will however, suggest to you that if you're not happy that Alaska bought you, you should consider leaving. Personally, I consider you to be lucky as hell that this happened. You were facing a very uncertain future as a stand alone VX. You have no contract. If you think that our contract is inferior and not up to your standards, Consider this:

Virgin America...whose Captains made $90.00 an hour at a NON UNION carrier, severely undermined our abilities to negotiate a industry standard contract for the last TWO contract cycles. YOU were willing to work for a non union carrier, for extremely low wages, with crap work rules and NO CONTRACT WHATSOEVER. Don't fool yourself, your group was the proverbial albatross around the neck of unionized airlines. Not being a dick here...just the facts. Now that you've gotten a taste of the actually managerial styles of our leadership, consider the ammunition VX has provided them the last 10 years. Do you think they didn't notice you? Wrong. So. Let me just say that any VX guys that ***** about our contract...well...I guess you can assume what I have to say about that.
Joe, Stop being the problem......We chose to give away our retirement in 09' for nothing in return...We chose to vote yes on Contract 200.....Virgin had nothing to do with that....If Brad was willing to drop 4 Billion on them so was everyone else......Our lousy contract is by our own hand and I welcome Virgins criticism of it and by default of us....I am guessing that there will be more no-voters in the virgin ranks than in our own....
Quote: Joe, Stop being the problem......We chose to give away our retirement in 09' for nothing in return...We chose to vote yes on Contract 200.....Virgin had nothing to do with that....If Brad was willing to drop 4 Billion on them so was everyone else......Our lousy contract is by our own hand and I welcome Virgins criticism of it and by default of us....I am guessing that there will be more no-voters in the virgin ranks than in our own....
I haven't voted YES on a single contract here in the last 17 years. Believe whatever you want about VX...however, for me, if they want to complain about our contract, they can keep it to themselves. VX and their non union operation undermined out contract negotiations for the last two contracts. Sorry that fact is offensive to you, but none the less it's true.
Quote: I haven't voted YES on a single contract here in the last 17 years. Believe whatever you want about VX...however, for me, if they want to complain about our contract, they can keep it to themselves. VX and their non union operation undermined out contract negotiations for the last two contracts. Sorry that fact is offensive to you, but none the less it's true.
Do Brad and Ben pay you to think that way or do you do it for free....
In 18 years I also have voted along with you....No in the first 30 seconds that voting opens....offended by the audacity of ALPA to spend my dues to do "road shows because you and I are to stupid to understand the TA....Not offended by your opinion of Virgin at all...But it only serves the cause of Brad and Ben when we say stuff like" they are lucky to be bought by us" or "they should be happy with our contract".....We have, in my 18 years, negotiated against ourselves at every opportunity.....Dead horse is dead....done with it....
how long to hold LAX?
I heard new hires recently got either Seattle or LAX.

A friend who interviewed at the beginning of February received a July 17 class today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Quote: I heard new hires recently got either Seattle or LAX.
I heard the same, but be ready for anything. I'm hoping for LAX. I'll see your friend on July 17th. I was a late January interview.
Quote: I heard new hires recently got either Seattle or LAX.

A friend who interviewed at the beginning of February received a July 17 class today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Interviewed the same time but haven't heard about a class Date yet. I'm not Horizon either, as I heard they were in a different pool.
Quote: how long to hold LAX?
You can hold it right away. A pretty typical class drop of 12 new hires is 2LAX, 2ANC, and the rest Seattle.

We had 3 in my class that wanted LAX so they gave it to us, since there was another class starting two weeks later.
139  189  229  235  236  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  249  289  339  739 
Page 239 of 780
Go to