New Eastern

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 19 of 26
Go to
It doesn't look good to a prospective buyer to see rats fleeing a sinking ship either.
Any updates?
This just in

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/east...-divest-stake/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/u...tary.html?_r=0

Nothing but bad news for the new EAL

1. Selling his shares at EAL & then buying some at swift...Bad
2. Airline hasn't made a profit yet...Bad

All over there's news of EAL shutting down and getting their new B737 repossessed, how can they expect to make payments on it when a good portion of their flight are quick flight to Cuba. A friend of mine spoke with a Captain from EAL a few months back, and the captain said they hope to have something like VX were they create a niche in hopes of a legacy merger down the line.
I guess that's the only way these 36st. pilots can get into a legacy.
Or a distinct possibility, and hope for the crews, is the monies Swift gets, they buy the Eastern certificate. Swift wants/needs NGs and can get the order of ten. The MRJ order, two more years delayed, will be cancelled.

I will predict today that in the next 30-90 days, Swift will buy Eastern but do look out for others, Sun Country, Xtra or dare I say Silver, to make bids as well.
I'm sure Juan N will be welcome back into the MIA fold
Quote: Or a distinct possibility, and hope for the crews, is the monies Swift gets, they buy the Eastern certificate. Swift wants/needs NGs and can get the order of ten. The MRJ order, two more years delayed, will be cancelled.

I will predict today that in the next 30-90 days, Swift will buy Eastern but do look out for others, Sun Country, Xtra or dare I say Silver, to make bids as well.
What Eastern needs is a fresh start, get rid of the cancer within (all the 36st. rejects) and hire competent personnel. A merger with Sun Country would be ideal, but they already have a nice niche.
Xtra is the same thing another 36st dump.
Silver, has a nice operation with going, am not sure they want to add jets to it.
Swift would be the only option I see.
If swift wanted NGs wouldn't it be cheaper to get them on their ops specs and lease the aircraft themselves rather than buy a certificate? It's not like Eastern owns anything like gates or routes.
Latest rumor: All the cockroaches are leaving, trying to make a return to sky king, centurion, xtra, Miami air etc...
Trump's pick for Army Secretary drops out
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 19 of 26
Go to