Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
738  1238  1638  1688  1728  1734  1735  1736  1737  1738  1739  1740  1741  1742  1748  1788  1838  2238 
Page 1738 of 2545
Go to
Is this change for 9E flights or all Delta flights inclusive of mainline?
Quote: The contract is similar, but I have not lived under it yet, just as a longtime 9E guy can't comment on the XJT contract very well.

The schedule system is a partially globalized PBS which I have not used yet, but it bears absolutely no resemblance to any system I have ever used.

9E awards some hybrid reserve/cdo lines which go junior. They also have 5 day trips. I have not sat reserve yet, but the complaints sound just like those at XJT.

401K and medical are similar to XJT, But the 401K does not have a brokerage account. The company 401k match is much better.

So far they have treated me very well. Everyone in the GO is extremely responsive to calls and email.

The new commuter policy looks great on paper. Book 2 workable non-revs or Jumpseats. If you miss the first one and the 2nd looks bad, call scheduling and they will positive space you to work. No fault. Only time will tell how it actually gets implemented. Delta has had a similar system for a while.

The MSP training facilities are subpar compared to XJT, mostly due to bland rooms in need of repair, with no training aid posters etc.

You will have to endure low-budget non-rated ground instructors teaching indoc and systems.

Prodedure trainers are touchscreen torture devices with good instructors.

Sim training is top-notch with good instructors, on par with XJT. Some sims are done in Phoenix.

While in training extended stay suites are provided. Whenever you have 2 days off they will positive space you to and from your home without question. I have flown home every break.

The hardest part of training is the procedure trainers. You must learn their calls, checklists and flows with very little guidance on how to learn it, before you get to the procedure trainers.

Don't you dare say "well, at expressjet we did it this way and I think....." Just learn the 9E way. Their checklists and flows come directly from Delta and don't easily flow well and the 9E training department knows it, but they are stuck doing it this way.
Excellent run-down. Thanks. Hopefully it'll answer questions for other XJT folks that are considering a move to 9E.

One mistake though. We are able to make our 401k a tradeable brokerage. I do it. It can be set up on the website, and you will end up having 2 accounts under your 401k. You're able to allocate how much you wish to either side, and can move money back and forth no problem as long as the money stays in the 401k.

Also, welcome to 9E. I'm sure it was painful making the decision to jump, but hopefully the growth, pay increases, fast upgrades, and now, apparently, even better priority status on Delta flights next year somewhat eases the pain.
Quote: Any guesses on whether we will be ahead of active employees' spouses, children, parents, etc as well? What about if they are accompanied by the employee? Memo makes it seem like the only ones boarding in front of Endeavor employees will be Delta employees ONLY but that seems too good to be true, though it sems necessary for guys to commute into and out of Atlanta.
If I had to take a guess, I would say no. I would say they all are their normal S3 status and we will be a new S3A code.
Quote: Is this change for 9E flights or all Delta flights inclusive of mainline?
All Delta flights
Quote: Excellent run-down. Thanks. Hopefully it'll answer questions for other XJT folks that are considering a move to 9E.

One mistake though. We are able to make our 401k a tradeable brokerage. I do it. It can be set up on the website, and you will end up having 2 accounts under your 401k. You're able to allocate how much you wish to either side, and can move money back and forth no problem as long as the money stays in the 401k.

Also, welcome to 9E. I'm sure it was painful making the decision to jump, but hopefully the growth, pay increases, fast upgrades, and now, apparently, even better priority status on Delta flights next year somewhat eases the pain.
I asked about the brokerage and was told no, during indoc. Glad to hear it's an option. Thanks!
It's never too late to start wearing your hat folks so we continue to get new and better perks!
Quote: It's never too late to start wearing your hat folks so we continue to get new and better perks!
Doubt it. Active will be S3, so will their family (just as outs is S3B1). Will likely create a new S3A code for us, or swap ours and retirees codes.

Quote: Any guesses on whether we will be ahead of active employees' spouses, children, parents, etc as well? What about if they are accompanied by the employee? Memo makes it seem like the only ones boarding in front of Endeavor employees will be Delta employees ONLY but that seems too good to be true, though it sems necessary for guys to commute into and out of Atlanta.
Quote: I'll believe it when I see it...
I said the same thing about going ahead of retirees...
Quote: It's never too late to start wearing your hat folks so we continue to get new and better perks!
738  1238  1638  1688  1728  1734  1735  1736  1737  1738  1739  1740  1741  1742  1748  1788  1838  2238 
Page 1738 of 2545
Go to