Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
238  288  328  334  335  336  337  338  339  340  341  342  348  388  438  838  1338 
Page 338 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Then those 175's will be awfully tough to crew here since I don't believe anyone on property has 4000 in type and anyone off the street won't have the 1000 at the company. Good luck filling that first class of captains.... Care to talk a little more out the exhaust pipe?

The fact that you took what I said as serious shows that not only do you not keep up with APC humor about EOW aircraft, but you should probably have any sharp objects taken away from you. Hopefully you are just finishing up a 4 day trip with min rest and can use that for an excuse ����
Quote: The 175 will be a minimum of 4000 time in type to upgrade and will probably be the only true flow to Delta since it is an EOW aircraft.
You're so funny!

Gonna be hearing this in the cockpit next!
Quote: You're so funny!

Gonna be hearing this in the cockpit next!
Be sure you add "I heard it from a check airman so it's gotta be true"
Quote: The 175 will be a minimum of 4000 time in type to upgrade and will probably be the only true flow to Delta since it is an EOW aircraft.
Ok so upgrades are at 8 years of seniority, so what? Its about how many pilots are ahead of you before your number comes up to upgrade! Most jr upgrades right now are just over 1,000 on list and we have approx. 1500-1600 pilots. How many captains upgrades can they train in a year? If the number is 300/yr then its a two year upgrade. It doesn't matter if some fo was hired in 2000 and hasn't upgraded, they may not want to we don't know!
Endeavor won't take away your seniority # if you take a significant amount of mil leave right after IOE, right? I understand they won't like it, but it's the way my schedule is going to work out. Legally, they have to give you mil leave but I didn't know if they could take your seniority number away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Ok so upgrades are at 8 years of seniority, so what? Its about how many pilots are ahead of you before your number comes up to upgrade! Most jr upgrades right now are just over 1,000 on list and we have approx. 1500-1600 pilots. How many captains upgrades can they train in a year? If the number is 300/yr then its a two year upgrade. It doesn't matter if some fo was hired in 2000 and hasn't upgraded, they may not want to we don't know!
It doesn't look like they can train 300 a year, every award the training date slips another month from what they were planning so by the end of the year they might only be around 250 or less. A new hire today would have almost 700 people in front of them. A 2 to 3 year upgrade seem realistic assuming they can hire 700 FO's in the next 3 years. If they can't hire they can't upgrade, that is the wild card.
Quote: It doesn't look like they can train 300 a year, every award the training date slips another month from what they were planning so by the end of the year they might only be around 250 or less. A new hire today would have almost 700 people in front of them. A 2 to 3 year upgrade seem realistic assuming they can hire 700 FO's in the next 3 years. If they can't hire they can't upgrade, that is the wild card.
WRONG again...a big portion of the last big LOA that was negotiated this last fall was to address this very thing. You obviously did not read what it was all about from your uneducated opinions. They can now hire more and upgrade more than ever before because of that new LOA.
So, if the company is currently hiring 50-60 a month then it doesn't seem like they're having to much trouble. Going forward I would say 2 year upgrades are an easy probability for someone hired today, and less if they keep bringing crj's from the desert.
Quote: It doesn't look like they can train 300 a year, every award the training date slips another month from what they were planning so by the end of the year they might only be around 250 or less. A new hire today would have almost 700 people in front of them. A 2 to 3 year upgrade seem realistic assuming they can hire 700 FO's in the next 3 years. If they can't hire they can't upgrade, that is the wild card.
50-60 per month x 12 = 600-720. Not sure where you got the 700 over the next 3 year from? If they manage 60/mo then we will see 2014 hires being awarded upgrade by the end of the year. Assuming 200's come back, 60/mo hired, and 180 ssp's to DL. This would mean an 8 year upgrade dropping to less than 2 years in less than 12 months.
238  288  328  334  335  336  337  338  339  340  341  342  348  388  438  838  1338 
Page 338 of 2545
Go to