Allegiant Air

Subscribe
351  401  441  447  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  461  501  551 
Page 451 of 637
Go to
Quote: People... please contact your union reps and demand the union work with the FAA to force the company to repeal their new questionable FDP policy and remove E.G. from his position of authority. The company now expects us to accept any FDP extension necessary and has stated a refusal of the extension is now considered a fatigue event. This was never the intent of part 117 and should not be allowed to stand.. don't let our snake of a flight ops VP and his chronies intimidate and manipulate us. Please remember the FDP extension is your prerogative and only yours, do not be scared of our cowardly management.

For what other reason would you refuse a legal extension, if not fatigue?
Quote: For what other reason would you refuse a legal extension, if not fatigue?
If one were sick.

But your point stands.
Quote: For what other reason would you refuse a legal extension, if not fatigue?
Because statistics show that the accident/incident rate dramatically increases after being on duty for more than 16 hours. Reserves can be on duty for 18 with extension. Why chance it and push yourself to work 18 hours when the safest choice would be to wait till the next morning. It's not like these airplanes are 100% trouble free. I sure wouldn't want to have an engine failure at 3am in the morning after working for 18 hours.
Don't sign the paperwork without realizing that your signature is a release of any excuse to mishandle any issue or emergency due to fatigue on your next leg.

I have called in fatigued many times here. Stay brief and professional on the phone and fill out the form as soon as you can. Never had an issue.
Quote: Because statistics show that the accident/incident rate dramatically increases after being on duty for more than 16 hours. Reserves can be on duty for 18 with extension. Why chance it and push yourself to work 18 hours when the safest choice would be to wait till the next morning. It's not like these airplanes are 100% trouble free. I sure wouldn't want to have an engine failure at 3am in the morning after working for 18 hours.
Ok.. so then you're fatigued, no?
I agree. This was not the intent and if the FAA doesn't care then the union should contact the Congressmen who sponsored the bill and make them aware of what is going on.
Quote: People... please contact your union reps and demand the union work with the FAA to force the company to repeal their new questionable FDP policy and remove E.G. from his position of authority. The company now expects us to accept any FDP extension necessary and has stated a refusal of the extension is now considered a fatigue event. This was never the intent of part 117 and should not be allowed to stand.. don't let our snake of a flight ops VP and his chronies intimidate and manipulate us. Please remember the FDP extension is your prerogative and only yours, do not be scared of our cowardly management.
Quote: Because statistics show that the accident/incident rate dramatically increases after being on duty for more than 16 hours. Reserves can be on duty for 18 with extension. Why chance it and push yourself to work 18 hours when the safest choice would be to wait till the next morning. It's not like these airplanes are 100% trouble free. I sure wouldn't want to have an engine failure at 3am in the morning after working for 18 hours.

So, fatigue?
Quote: I agree. This was not the intent and if the FAA doesn't care then the union should contact the Congressmen who sponsored the bill and make them aware of what is going on.
I have to disagree. It was absolutely the intent of 117 for you to be able to fly one extension in a series of days in which you have not had a 30 hr rest period. How quickly we have all forgotten the six 16 hour days legal to start legal to finish that we were on the hook for before 117. Pt 117 is better than what we had but if you think it was written for our benefit and not the benefit of the operation, you're sadly mistaken.
man, I had an awesome deal booked for my dad to Florida. But then I saw it was on Allegiant. Thanks but no thanks. Even your airbuses appear to be fodder for aircraft emergencies. Keyword that comes to mind when I see your planes is... retreat.

https://twitter.com/airsafetytweets/...96641281208320
Quote: man, I had an awesome deal booked for my dad to Florida. But then I saw it was on Allegiant. Thanks but no thanks. Even your airbuses appear to be fodder for aircraft emergencies. Keyword that comes to mind when I see your planes is... retreat.

https://twitter.com/airsafetytweets/...96641281208320
Go troll the regional threads some more turkey... kudos to the crew for acting in a safe manner.
351  401  441  447  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  461  501  551 
Page 451 of 637
Go to