Compass Updates - Saga Continues

Subscribe
158  208  248  254  255  256  257  258  259  260  261  262  268  308  358  758  1258 
Page 258 of 1327
Go to
[QUOTE=saturn;2249870]
Quote: Something is honestly off with those DL birds, they are always having issues. I don't know if its parts supply, having enough touch time, inexperienced mechanics, Embraerisms, or just a short sighted program or what. DL logbook pages fill up after a few short days. With AA birds its just routine MX and checks back for a week.
You haven't figured it out yet? Trans States doesn't do preventive maintenance like other real quality operations. They will replace the part when it falls off. That's how they've always operated. Those AA birds are brand new, give it 5 years.
veewan: that's fair, skywest has better DL travel benefits too especially for their parents etc. But you go to work with the contract you have, not the one you want. And you have to pick your battles. I kinda doubt the union is concerned with the plight of two ready pilots a day in LAX who are getting the contractual hotel. Obviously, they aren't expected to be there in 15 min. That doesn't somehow waive the ready provision.
Let's look forward to big improvements in the next CBA, sure, and reserve rules will be a hot topic no doubt, but right now... I'm sure there are bigger grievances to fry.
Quote: veewan: that's fair, skywest has better DL travel benefits too especially for their parents etc. But you go to work with the contract you have, not the one you want. And you have to pick your battles. I kinda doubt the union is concerned with the plight of two ready pilots a day in LAX who are getting the contractual hotel. Obviously, they aren't expected to be there in 15 min. That doesn't somehow waive the ready provision.
Let's look forward to big improvements in the next CBA, sure, and reserve rules will be a hot topic no doubt, but right now... I'm sure there are bigger grievances to fry.
Speaking of improvements to the next CBA...Maybe a more positive way for people to voice their concerns is suggesting what should be included. Obviously the best way is by contacting a union rep rather than posting on a forum.
I know that there may only be a few people concerned about ready, but I'd include better language for it. SkyWest may have better DL travel benefits etc, but they did not start with them day one of operations, they negotiated for it and I know we can negotiate for better especially given the hiring climate.
What are the differences in non-rev benefits for SkyWest vs Compass on delta?
Quote: What are the differences in non-rev benefits for SkyWest vs Compass on delta?
They have priority on their own metal for stby, even in front of mainline guys.
Parents are free and ours aren't, buddy passes, enrolled friend at yield fare. Parents seniority isn't the date of travel and below ZED like ours. Priority on metal unlike us. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but they had that not long ago. Ours for Delta are pretty poor unfortunately.
Quote: Parents are free and ours aren't, buddy passes, enrolled friend at yield fare. Parents seniority isn't the date of travel and below ZED like ours. Priority on metal unlike us. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but they had that not long ago. Ours for Delta are pretty poor unfortunately.
yeah but at the end of the day you still have to work at skywest...so there's that.
Quote: Parents are free and ours aren't, buddy passes, enrolled friend at yield fare. Parents seniority isn't the date of travel and below ZED like ours. Priority on metal unlike us. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but they had that not long ago. Ours for Delta are pretty poor unfortunately.
It changed about 2 years ago. Delta used to be S3C on Skywest and Express Jet. They were date of hire for priority amongst other DCI carriers. Skywest was S3. I believe Skywest parents were at a S3CR at the time and lower priority. The change put Active Delta at S3B1 and Skywest parents at S3B so they are ahead of them and all other DCI carriers. I don't think they changed there priority on Delta metal for Skywest or Express Jet, but I could be wrong
Quote: yeah but at the end of the day you still have to work at skywest...so there's that.
Hell...even Mesa gets priority on their own metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
158  208  248  254  255  256  257  258  259  260  261  262  268  308  358  758  1258 
Page 258 of 1327
Go to