DAL Class drops

Subscribe
258  308  348  354  355  356  357  358  359  360  361  362  368 
Page 358 of 390
Go to
I like the Canabus. It is easy to fly and has some really cool toys(great screens, electronic checklist etc). The cockpit is also MUCH nicer than the 737. I hope to have a sidestick for the rest of my career!!

Now, it is not in any way perfect. It’s twitchy and generates EICAS messages like crazy. Also, there are things that they just didn’t take time to do right(VNAV descent, tray table, autothrottle, etc).

On the whole though, I like the jet.
Quote: Is the 220 QOL that much better than the 73 to justify the pay difference?
Not sure if they still do this but they used to give new hires access to deltanet a few weeks before class started. If they do, I'd suggest taking a look at the various bid packages to see what the trips look like on different fleets, and then look at the wide reports to see what kinds of lines junior pilots are getting. This will give you some idea how long it will take to get off reserve, hold weekends off, hold both-end commutable trips, etc.

Seniority progression will be faster on the 220 but the trips still don't have much variety (you'll be doing the same 9 or 10 overnights every trip). You have to decide what's more important to you.
Quote: Not sure if they still do this but they used to give new hires access to deltanet a few weeks before class started. If they do, I'd suggest taking a look at the various bid packages to see what the trips look like on different fleets, and then look at the wide reports to see what kinds of lines junior pilots are getting. This will give you some idea how long it will take to get off reserve, hold weekends off, hold both-end commutable trips, etc.

Seniority progression will be faster on the 220 but the trips still don't have much variety (you'll be doing the same 9 or 10 overnights every trip). You have to decide what's more important to you.
For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
Quote: For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
Yeah, that’s what I said when we started to grow the 321. The opposite has happened. Lol
Quote: Yeah, that’s what I said when we started to grow the 321. The opposite has happened. Lol
320 is great if you like Austin/Boston/Florida!
Quote: 320 is great if you like Austin/Boston/Florida!
Agreed. Don’t get me wrong the rotations are crappy the last 1.5yrs, but I rather be in the 320 than other plane. I think the issue was the lack of hiring in the 320. Hopefully that will change for the best.
Quote: For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
Yeah, but we're not really taking delivery of the airplanes THAT quickly. How many more are coming next year? Around 15? It's a sloooow process.
That’s for now, but there are also west coast layovers that increase every month, plus when the neo comes the variety of flying will greatly increase. Initially only Hawaii but a lot of trans cons, carribean, Latin America, possibly Alaska. Possibly South America
Anything a 737-900 or 321 can do the neo can do 19 more passengers and 20 percent less fuel
It also burns less than a 757 we know it doesn’t have the runway performance a 757 does but nothing does so might as well have something that can do everything else
Quote: That’s for now, but there are also west coast layovers that increase every month, plus when the neo comes the variety of flying will greatly increase. Initially only Hawaii but a lot of trans cons, carribean, Latin America, possibly Alaska. Possibly South America
Anything a 737-900 or 321 can do the neo can do 19 more passengers and 20 percent less fuel
It also burns less than a 757 we know it doesn’t have the runway performance a 757 does but nothing does so might as well have something that can do everything else
If we are going to put 19 more seats in the NEO verses the current 321 that’s going to be one very uncomfortable aircraft.
Unless it doesn't.

Quote: Yeah, that’s what I said when we started to grow the 321. The opposite has happened. Lol
BINGO

I feel like there's a bad 'if you don't like the weather now then just wait until this afternoon' joke in here somewhere.
258  308  348  354  355  356  357  358  359  360  361  362  368 
Page 358 of 390
Go to