Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #151  
Follower
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2pilot View Post
It violates seniority. A pilot should not have to commute out of base on the hopes they might get a base trade back in. The current system should only allow a base trade if both pilots have the seniority to hold the base.

An exacerbated example is ORD 320 CAP where a guy gets in well out of seniority on a base trade, and then there is a 777 FO displacement and a bunch of guys pile in on top of him, overfilling the category, and making it so existing pilots who have seniority can't get into that category for (probably) at least a year more.

Its not about hating the people that are there, its about those pilots that have seniority and can't get what their seniority should allow them.






You should have bid the 777 at ORD

Enough of the non sense
Sniper66 is online now  
Old 10-04-2019, 04:45 AM   #152  
Line Holder
 
Bhramafear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I guess you probably shouldnít be able to trade into a really nice cherry trip that you couldnít be awarded during the PBS run. Thatíd also be an abrogation of seniority.
Letís not pretend that PBS honors seniority.
Bhramafear is offline  
Old 10-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #153  
Gets Weekends Off
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhramafear View Post
Letís not pretend that PBS honors seniority.
In what way?
El Guapo is online now  
Old 10-04-2019, 08:31 AM   #154  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DashTrash's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Bigfoot FO
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2pilot View Post
It violates seniority. A pilot should not have to commute out of base on the hopes they might get a base trade back in. The current system should only allow a base trade if both pilots have the seniority to hold the base.

An exacerbated example is ORD 320 CAP where a guy gets in well out of seniority on a base trade, and then there is a 777 FO displacement and a bunch of guys pile in on top of him, overfilling the category, and making it so existing pilots who have seniority can't get into that category for (probably) at least a year more.

Its not about hating the people that are there, its about those pilots that have seniority and can't get what their seniority should allow them.
Please educate me on how this violates seniority. My understanding of how base trades are conducted is that they are seniority based. Anyone senior who wants to base trade has that opportunity to get it. It's awarded based on seniority. If you're senior and want to base trade, put in for it!!! Don't blame a junior guy that does put in for it because he/she knows their contract better than you.
DashTrash is offline  
Old 10-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #155  
Follower
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
Please educate me on how this violates seniority. My understanding of how base trades are conducted is that they are seniority based. Anyone senior who wants to base trade has that opportunity to get it. It's awarded based on seniority. If you're senior and want to base trade, put in for it!!! Don't blame a junior guy that does put in for it because he/she knows their contract better than you.


How long base trades last
3 months 6 months forever

Not familiar with it
Sniper66 is online now  
Old 10-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #156  
Gets Weekends Off
 
flynd94's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: It's a plane and it's a seat
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post
How long base trades last
3 months 6 months forever

Not familiar with it
Forever, itís a available tool to transfer between bases outside of a vacancy bid
flynd94 is online now  
Old 10-04-2019, 11:38 AM   #157  
Line Holder
 
Bhramafear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
In what way?
PBS prioritizes for a specific completion. Not sure if thatís the technical term. It can and does take trips from senior people and give them to junior people in order to achieve its goals.
Bhramafear is offline  
Old 10-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #158  
Works Weekends & Holidays
 
cal73's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Day 1/4, FL370 at 3am
Posts: 776
Default Vacancy 20-02V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhramafear View Post
PBS prioritizes for a specific completion. Not sure if thatís the technical term. It can and does take trips from senior people and give them to junior people in order to achieve its goals.


Pre constructed lines did this also in a way. The lines were built to cover flying.

My gripe is if youíre below the G-line, your seniority doesnít matter regarding awarding of build-up/conversion lines.
cal73 is offline  
Old 10-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #159  
Line Holder
 
Bhramafear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal73 View Post
Pre constructed lines did this also in a way. The lines were built to cover flying.

My gripe is if youíre below the G-line, your seniority doesnít matter regarding awarding of build-up/conversion lines.
I can understand that but the upside of training and vacation touch drop was sweet. If they want the benefit of PBS then they should honor the senior guys request. I agree South of the gline is another problem area.
Bhramafear is offline  
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #160  
Gets Weekends Off
 
gollum's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
Please educate me on how this violates seniority. My understanding of how base trades are conducted is that they are seniority based. Anyone senior who wants to base trade has that opportunity to get it. It's awarded based on seniority. If you're senior and want to base trade, put in for it!!! Don't blame a junior guy that does put in for it because he/she knows their contract better than you.
Not quite:

ORD 320 captain wants to base trade to EWR for some reason.

A 320 captain at any other base than EWR is not looked for the trade, only EWR 320 captains. A 320 captain in SFO or LAX would not even be considered regardless of seniority. It only honors seniority for pilots in the BES that the trade is listed for.


Had the ORD 320 captain bid to EWR on a vacancy and created a new vacancy in ORD, There might also be an ORD (or any other base for that matter) pilot who would have been more senior to the 320 captain from ewr and would have been able to move into the 320 captain spot over the guy from EWR. A base trade bypasses this by excluding any other BES than listed on the trade request.
gollum is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
May 5th Class sarahswhere United 64 05-20-2015 12:58 PM
Check your old vacancy bids. steve0617 United 1 10-03-2014 01:28 PM
Vacancy Bid 14-12V (120 EWR FOs 737/320) C-17 Driver United 47 07-18-2014 07:08 PM
Future Vacancy Bids LeeMat United 214 02-06-2013 07:04 PM
STV vs. CBA DiamondZ Cargo 26 08-03-2007 01:18 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:01 PM.