Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

Executive Airshare

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 09:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by LivingTheDream8 View Post
For all those wondering what is going on around Airshare, this post should offer some clarity. In April the management team went to every base to talk to the pilot group about suggestions on how to make Airshare more appealing for pilot QOL. Many items were discussed with Pay and Schedule being the hottest topics. The first response we heard regarding the schedule and pay decision was in July. That email set a deadline for management to make a decision and inform us of their decision no later than September 1st. On August 31st an email was sent to the pilot group indicating a decision had not yet been made. We were given a new deadline that guaranteed a decision by Sept 29th. The decision was released yesterday and only addressed schedule. There was no indication that pay would be addressed too.

The new schedule is as follows:

8 on 6 off for Captains that have been here 3 or more years and goes into effect next year. Captains with more than 5 years of service will start the 8/6 in January, 4 year captains start in March, and 3 years captains start in May. As a result of this new schedule, the PTB structure for captains on the 8/6 schedule also changed. Captains with 3-5 years of service accrue 8 days a year, Captains between 5-8 years of service accrue 16 PTB days a year, and Captains with more than 8 years of service accrue 20 days off a year.

Captains with less than 3 years of service and all SICs will remain on the 10/5 schedule.

I am making this post so anyone considering this company can have the most information at hand before making the jump.

More appealing, eh? Ok. This is going to entice people to apply and not go 121? I still can’t believe they have people flying Lears for King Air pay.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: The Dark Side

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
So say you are an SIC for 2 years, then you get to be a captain for 3 years. You get a slightly better schedule after 5 years...is that what they are saying?
No. The numbers they gave are total years of service with the company, not years in seat.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:29 PM

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: EMB505 PIC

Originally Posted by workforidiots View Post
PIC Under 3 years here you now only get 8 days of vacation and sick combined and to use the vacation days they must be connected to off days or have 3 duty days on either side of your vacation. ��*♂️ that as an improvement? Good luck!
I think you need to read the memo again as your statement is not correct. PICs under 3 years would still be on the 10-5 and it clearly says those on the 10-5 will have the same accrual rates, meaning it's not changed. Not sure how you reached your conclusion.

Falling into the group that will benefit from the 8-6, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. Not long ago we were all on the 12-3 schedule. The 12-3 was tough on me and the family, but when the 10-5 came along that was a huge improvement. The company doesn't do anything fast but getting some 30+ (I think it said 35) extra days off a year is a damn good start. I plan to use the 6 days off to catch up even more at home. Curious to see how the 8-6 rotations line up with the rest of the year.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by PhenomDriver620 View Post
I think you need to read the memo again as your statement is not correct. PICs under 3 years would still be on the 10-5 and it clearly says those on the 10-5 will have the same accrual rates, meaning it's not changed. Not sure how you reached your conclusion.

Falling into the group that will benefit from the 8-6, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. Not long ago we were all on the 12-3 schedule. The 12-3 was tough on me and the family, but when the 10-5 came along that was a huge improvement. The company doesn't do anything fast but getting some 30+ (I think it said 35) extra days off a year is a damn good start. I plan to use the 6 days off to catch up even more at home. Curious to see how the 8-6 rotations line up with the rest of the year.
Its not an additional 30 some days off a month when you lose another 7 days of vacation. Especially when you factor in all the new policies with taking days off and limitations on taking single or two days off in the middle of a rotation. In my opinion its a wash if not a worse schedule, I would honestly rather stay 10/5. I rarely do 8 days in a row on the road so for them to give me an 8/6 schedule where they say they're going to change Astro to more or less eliminate standby at home days and then cut my vacation days in half and restrict when I can use them so much they are practically useless is not an improvement in my eyes. I don't think you can even call this an attempt at improvement when it effects less than half of the pilot group, this does absolutely nothing as far as recruiting new pilots, and they still refuse to touch our way below industry average pay. The funny part is after this announcement there will be such a max exodus that there will be barely anyone left with over 3 years of seniority to even put on the 8/6.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by PhenomDriver620 View Post

This is so obviously a mgnt post it’s almost pathetic... Not gonna call you out by name but I know who you are. There is not a single AirShare pilot who is happy with this policy and if you all up there at HQ can’t see why, then you deserve to be out of business. Which is exactly what’s going to happen when the entire group quits here in the next few months.

To those of you on here looking for the real scoop on this place, don’t waste your time. Many of us have spent year after year watching them lie to us saying they’ll make things better. Leading up to this they had meeting after meeting asking the pilot group for recommendations on how to make it better and attract new hires. What they took away from all that was “oh you all want a better schedule? Here’s one on paper but all your vacation is GONE.” Forget pay, benefits, etc. deal with it until you decide to quit. Sound like a place you wanna work when everyone else is hiring?

There are pilots here who genuinely believed something good would come out of the meetings who said “give them a chance.” Now they are irate and ready to quit. There is no way anyone is getting on APC and defending this new policy. Goes to show you how low mgnt will go to create a fake account and try and spread their propaganda on a public message board.

I’m sure any other company would gladly take the great pilots at Airshare, and that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:28 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2013

So no one wants to discuss the change to the 8/6?
Well All PIC that have 1 year with the company will get the 8/6 now,
More PTB time and you are guaranteed to have every other weekend off.

Go!!!
Old 10-26-2017, 11:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Right Side

Are they focusing on just hiring CFI’s or would a 135 cargo guy have a chance for an interview in the future?
Old 10-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Cessna Driver View Post
Are they focusing on just hiring CFI’s or would a 135 cargo guy have a chance for an interview in the future?
You would definitely have a chance as long as you have 1200 TT. We have a lot of former cargo guys here.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:52 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Right Side

Awesome. Soon as I hit the total time I’ll be knocking. Where do they usually send new hires? Any shot at FTW or SAT out the gate?
Old 10-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Cessna Driver View Post
Awesome. Soon as I hit the total time I’ll be knocking. Where do they usually send new hires? Any shot at FTW or SAT out the gate?
FTW is pretty much always an option. I don’t think they’re doing much hiring into SAT these days.