Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 07-27-2018, 11:51 AM
  #3341  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center
Posts: 763
Default

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
It can be made to work, no doubt. But fewer types is better if you can still get the job done.

HAL needs two fleets, they can't do inter-island with widebodies, or long-haul with RJ's. Why they have both 76 and 330 may be an accident of history, or maybe they had a reason for it.
Hawaiian's widebodies were DC-10s until they replaced them all with 767s, which they've been replacing with A330s. Some A330 orders have been canceled in favor of 787s.
Reactivity is offline  
Old 07-27-2018, 02:04 PM
  #3342  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,378
Default

Originally Posted by Work4life View Post
I’m no grammar patrol but you need some serious help, angry troll. I’m going to venture to guess the only thing you are in charge of is a pair of heavy duty gloves, a plastic face shield, and a truck filled with blue juice. .
You may not know this, but Lav truck driver is a senior position on the ramp.
Packrat is offline  
Old 07-27-2018, 02:43 PM
  #3343  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
You may not know this, but Lav truck driver is a senior position on the ramp.
We learn something everyday. Junior FOs and lav truck drivers do have something in common. We both have to deal with turd everyday.
Work4life is offline  
Old 07-27-2018, 03:47 PM
  #3344  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 645
Default

Originally Posted by Work4life View Post
We learn something everyday. Junior FOs and lav truck drivers do have something in common. We both have to deal with turd everyday.
Well every healthy person should have to deal with at least one turd every day
echelon is offline  
Old 07-27-2018, 04:15 PM
  #3345  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 38,900
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
You may not know this, but Lav truck driver is a senior position on the ramp.
Lot easier on the back than throwing bags.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 12:13 AM
  #3346  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NotTellin's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: Upright & Breathing
Posts: 313
Default

Originally Posted by Alaskaflier View Post
I truly can’t believe the amount of grown adult cry babies posing as “professionals” are on this thread. Y’all have a nice income, a decent schedule, and a sit on your butt (for the most part) job. Yet you still find something to **** and moan about. I’d be willing to bet your either single, divorced or about to be. This thread is so off topic and we have the Unappreciative Pilots of Alaska to thank. I’m sure your all a “real joy” to fly with. IMO you cry baby pilots are what if wrong with the industry. You thing that just because your a big bad pilot that your employer owes you something. You all sound like some entitled millennials who think that they should be making $20 an hr to flip burgers. The only difference is that you earn a fair wage, with benefits, I might add, yet you still manage to have a regular menstral cycle highlighted with the cramps of your so called mistreatment. You complainers about how bad the company is should all give yourselves a big pat on the shoulder for be such a ignorant disgrace to the profession. Your lucky I’m not your boss, because in my world, I’d be enjoying the pleasure firing each of you. This is a trade and profession that many of us love. If you don’t like it, quit *****ing and go find something else.
Thanks for joining the conversation Ben. Not!
NotTellin is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 10:16 AM
  #3347  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 936
Default

Originally Posted by Alaskaflier View Post
I truly can’t believe the amount of grown adult cry babies posing as “professionals” are on this thread. Y’all have a nice income, a decent schedule, and a sit on your butt (for the most part) job. Yet you still find something to **** and moan about. I’d be willing to bet your either single, divorced or about to be. This thread is so off topic and we have the Unappreciative Pilots of Alaska to thank. I’m sure your all a “real joy” to fly with. IMO you cry baby pilots are what if wrong with the industry. You thing that just because your a big bad pilot that your employer owes you something. You all sound like some entitled millennials who think that they should be making $20 an hr to flip burgers. The only difference is that you earn a fair wage, with benefits, I might add, yet you still manage to have a regular menstral cycle highlighted with the cramps of your so called mistreatment. You complainers about how bad the company is should all give yourselves a big pat on the shoulder for be such a ignorant disgrace to the profession. Your lucky I’m not your boss, because in my world, I’d be enjoying the pleasure firing each of you. This is a trade and profession that many of us love. If you don’t like it, quit *****ing and go find something else.
Sitting is the new smoking.
NewGuy01 is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 03:04 PM
  #3348  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 679
Default

Originally Posted by NotTellin View Post
Thanks for joining the conversation Ben. Not!
Did you just use a “not!”? That was suppose disappear from everyone’s vocabulary about 90 days after Wayne’s World.
Ray Red is offline  
Old 07-29-2018, 07:00 AM
  #3349  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 216
Default

Originally Posted by Ray Red View Post
Did you just use a “not!”? That was suppose disappear from everyone’s vocabulary about 90 days after Wayne’s World.
Rather here that then someone saying “ it’s going viral” Stupidest thing I keep hearing. Along with pilots asking for FL180 when they SHOULD already know its not authorized due to low altimeters. Hint hint interviewers there’s a technical question for you.... Anyways alaksaflier is right in a way. Airline pilots are trending to be more dramatic these days.
100LL is offline  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:59 AM
  #3350  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right
Posts: 3,655
Default

Originally Posted by Work4life View Post
I’m no grammar patrol but you need some serious help, angry troll. I’m going to venture to guess the only thing you are in charge of is a pair of heavy duty gloves, a plastic face shield, and a truck filled with blue juice. Get some anger management help or you might just get demoted to a CSA or a crew scheduler.
Hey I worked for Honeypot in college part time and it was actually a very well paying part time job and the hours were always convenient like early morning or late evenings.
full of luv is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 06:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 02:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 09:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 01:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 07:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices