Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
  #5251  
On Reserve
 
fliigrrl's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: KC-10
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Rhino12 View Post
"So you have a 73 type?"

"Being a sole mil pilot I wanted to round out my mil experience with a taste of civ flight training and a type rating AND Uncle Sam paid for it. Turned out to be a great networking experience and makes me a more qualified candidate vs a mil type without it."

Hired. No further questions
That is almost EXACTLY how it went for me in the interview!! I had never done a civilian check, and really wanted to see how I would perform...plus, it put my head in the game and taught me how to wear civilian clothes (vice a "bag") to work each day!

In addition, being a lifetime heavy girl, I REALLY had no interest in learning how to fly a prop-job just to finish out my ATP (feather the WHAT???). At least the 737-300 had automation that was almost exactly like flying a KC-10, and the same engines as the KC-135 (both planes I used to fly)...made the flying portion a BREEZE! (Oh, yeah, and thanks Uncle Sam for footing the bill!!)
fliigrrl is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
  #5252  
Gets Weekends Off
 
akaviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Sedan driver
Posts: 174
Default

Originally Posted by fliigrrl View Post
That is almost EXACTLY how it went for me in the interview!! I had never done a civilian check, and really wanted to see how I would perform...plus, it put my head in the game and taught me how to wear civilian clothes (vice a "bag") to work each day!

In addition, being a lifetime heavy girl, I REALLY had no interest in learning how to fly a prop-job just to finish out my ATP (feather the WHAT???). At least the 737-300 had automation that was almost exactly like flying a KC-10, and the same engines as the KC-135 (both planes I used to fly)...made the flying portion a BREEZE! (Oh, yeah, and thanks Uncle Sam for footing the bill!!)
And from a former soldier and current tax payer your welcome and thank you for your service!!
akaviator is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM
  #5253  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 199
Default

Are you sure you want to label yourself as a "lifetime heavy girl?!"
Rhino12 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
  #5254  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by Rhino12 View Post
Are you sure you want to label yourself as a "lifetime heavy girl?!"
That's funny! And yes, Uncle Sam didn't pay for it. I did. Thank you and you're welcome.
RunnerMark is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
  #5255  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Been out of the loop for awhile. Is Atlas still accepting resume's?
Cak12 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
  #5256  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by Cak12 View Post
Been out of the loop for awhile. Is Atlas still accepting resume's?
Atlas Air, Inc.

Google.

And it's "resumes", unless you're implying ownership.
RunnerMark is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 PM
  #5257  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Unless he was trying to write it the traditional way but couldn't...it's technically written this way -- Résumé

744driver is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 AM
  #5258  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Heading to MiA in a bit. Any last words of wisdom??? Class starts tomorrow.
Guasabara is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 AM
  #5259  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: CA 747-400/-8
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by Guasabara View Post
Heading to MiA in a bit. Any last words of wisdom??? Class starts tomorrow.
Cooperate and graduate!

Good luck
jetjock6 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 AM
  #5260  
Gets Weekends Off
 
worldfr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by Guasabara View Post
Heading to MiA in a bit. Any last words of wisdom??? Class starts tomorrow.
Bring shorts, 81 degrees today ;-D
worldfr8dog is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices