Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 04-16-2022, 03:23 AM
  #2081  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: 737
Posts: 253
Default

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
pilot (something) review board. You get sent to it if you pass all stages of the interview but get flagged during the chat with the shrink. Basically to make sure you aren’t crazy. There is a decently high pass rate but they wait for a sufficient number of people to be flagged until they summon the council, that way they can go through a bunch in a short amount of time. No idea who merits being on the review board but I’m pretty sure there’s at least some pilots on it. Nothing to sweat!

Paperwork is the most important thing in the whole process, as well as being likeable and sociable. Being a weirdo loner will be noticed…

You gotta give ‘em something but just remember they aren’t your psychologist.
Eh, I dunno. If your sent to it, you for sure sweat it. High pass rate I know, but still, those occasional few unlucky get the boot in the end. I was 100% sweating it when I got PARB'ed.
DryClutch is offline  
Old 04-16-2022, 04:41 AM
  #2082  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Looking left
Posts: 3,119
Default

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
. No idea who merits being on the review board but Iím pretty sure thereís at least some pilots on it.
There is an entire cross section of the interview team on the PARB, so HR and Pilots
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 04-16-2022, 05:45 AM
  #2083  
Rollín Thunder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Pilot
Posts: 3,278
Default

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
pilot (something) review board..
Pilot Applicant Review Board
tennisguru is offline  
Old 04-16-2022, 08:02 AM
  #2084  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 203
Default

Originally Posted by FlightMonster View Post
How long is indoc?
10 day total footprint (weekend off). 8 days of class, etc.
TheDuster is offline  
Old 04-16-2022, 02:45 PM
  #2085  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by jmarcustaylor View Post
Any of the most recently asked questions from the interviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Our group had different questions. Recommend thinking about it more broadly - they want to know how do you handle confrontation/stress, how do you work through a problem (do you problem solve starting at the lowest level, or do you skip straight to the nuclear option), how do you communicate with/lead people, do you stick to your guns when challenged or do you roll over and let something slide when pressured (regarding disagreements related to SOPs, safety, etc.) Have those big picture topics framed in your mind and be ready to describe directly/indirectly how you personally address them, and the tools and thought process you personally use.

For story time, the ironic thing is I had so many ready to rock based on interview prep and didn't use a single one because they just didn't fit the exact questions right, but I also found it very easy to immediately talk about a story during the interview; don't overthink it, you're telling them a true life story, which means unless you're making something up on the spot, it's actually very easy to recall and tell.

Just be yourself and be honest; I found the entire process far more relaxed and welcoming than I anticipated (misconception due to reading BS negative stuff on the internet). It was a nice conversation with two other pilots and a HR rep, not an interrogation. Everyone in my group who got CJOs concurred with that general assessment. Good luck!
GMK35 is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 12:04 PM
  #2086  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 42
Default

Just wanted to say Hi. I interviewed on the 13th and got the CJO. I'm currently waiting on background check and Indoc date. I'm hearing 2 months to get a class date, does that sound right?
DWC in SLC is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 03:20 PM
  #2087  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 136
Default

Originally Posted by DWC in SLC View Post
Just wanted to say Hi. I interviewed on the 13th and got the CJO. I'm currently waiting on background check and Indoc date. I'm hearing 2 months to get a class date, does that sound right?
hi there!
well no, it really depends on the background checks. Some people it can be as fast as 3 weeks.
Alexander12 is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 05:53 PM
  #2088  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2022
Posts: 49
Default

I have an old squadron mate who was offered a class date a month+3 days after his interview.
Single Seat is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 10:08 PM
  #2089  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Big ones
Posts: 630
Default

Originally Posted by GMK35 View Post
Our group had different questions. Recommend thinking about it more broadly - they want to know how do you handle confrontation/stress, how do you work through a problem (do you problem solve starting at the lowest level, or do you skip straight to the nuclear option), how do you communicate with/lead people, do you stick to your guns when challenged or do you roll over and let something slide when pressured (regarding disagreements related to SOPs, safety, etc.) Have those big picture topics framed in your mind and be ready to describe directly/indirectly how you personally address them, and the tools and thought process you personally use.

For story time, the ironic thing is I had so many ready to rock based on interview prep and didn't use a single one because they just didn't fit the exact questions right, but I also found it very easy to immediately talk about a story during the interview; don't overthink it, you're telling them a true life story, which means unless you're making something up on the spot, it's actually very easy to recall and tell.

Just be yourself and be honest; I found the entire process far more relaxed and welcoming than I anticipated (misconception due to reading BS negative stuff on the internet). It was a nice conversation with two other pilots and a HR rep, not an interrogation. Everyone in my group who got CJOs concurred with that general assessment. Good luck!
this is one of the better interview summaries imo. Itís a nice conversation, not an interrogation for those who are prepared.
tripled is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 06:29 AM
  #2090  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2021
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by TheDuster View Post
10 day total footprint (weekend off). 8 days of class, etc.
Did they make it longer? I was in an October class. We started on a Tuesday and finished the next Wednesday 8 days later. Weekend was free and youíre encouraged to go home using positive space commuting.
dbo863 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GeeWizDriver
NetJets
1409
06-29-2023 06:25 PM
EUhoppa
Career Questions
10
07-22-2013 12:13 PM
sl0wr0ll3r
United
114
11-22-2010 04:40 PM
PistolP
Regional
12
11-22-2006 09:20 PM
Pylot
Hangar Talk
8
09-04-2006 06:13 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread