Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM
  #14461  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side
Posts: 1,373
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum View Post
I always thought the C series meant a death sentence to the regional DCI feed. No point of RJ's down the road with that airplane inbound. Sucks for the regional lifers, but it's good for Delta. 200s will go away, older 900's will shrink. Customers will be happy with a bigger airframe. Especially in NY.
Assuming Delta can get it staffed, they would be crazy to not utilize 325 large RJ's like their contract allows them to use. The 50 seaters, are take it or leave it, once they can't be staffed.
KSCessnaDriver is online now  
Old 07-13-2017, 03:40 PM
  #14462  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jethikoki's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 471
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum View Post
I always thought the C series meant a death sentence to the regional DCI feed. No point of RJ's down the road with that airplane inbound. Sucks for the regional lifers, but it's good for Delta. 200s will go away, older 900's will shrink. Customers will be happy with a bigger airframe. Especially in NY.
Since it was so important to give up scope I doubt there will be any death sentence anytime soon.
jethikoki is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 05:39 PM
  #14463  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by jethikoki View Post
Since it was so important to give up scope I doubt there will be any death sentence anytime soon.
You would think....but that aircraft will replace a ton of regional flying. I think Delta realized the pilot shortage, and this is their way to cope.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 08:15 PM
  #14464  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by CODs4ever View Post
SWA. Been trying to get on there for a long time.
Congrats! Which class will you be in?
MountainWaves is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 06:38 AM
  #14465  
Bracing for Fallacies
 
block30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things
Posts: 3,543
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum View Post
You would think....but that aircraft will replace a ton of regional flying. I think Delta realized the pilot shortage, and this is their way to cope.
The 50 seat has way outlived the naysayer's predictions. The sky isn't falling for people on a career path a regional.
block30 is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 06:57 AM
  #14466  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 365
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum View Post
You would think....but that aircraft will replace a ton of regional flying. I think Delta realized the pilot shortage, and this is their way to cope.
Except it isn't, because there isn't a net change in required pilots. Just more mainline required than regionals.

Realistically this won't hurt Endeavor at all, we may lose DFW or something from LGA/JFK, and that JFK-ORD shuttle which honestly we shouldn't be doing anyway. However Republic, might get hit by this. Sounds like a lot of those Delta Shuttle routes.
AnotherWriter is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 09:27 PM
  #14467  
spin 2
 
stillcantfly's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: the big one
Posts: 437
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post
Except it isn't, because there isn't a net change in required pilots. Just more mainline required than regionals.

Realistically this won't hurt Endeavor at all, we may lose DFW or something from LGA/JFK, and that JFK-ORD shuttle which honestly we shouldn't be doing anyway. However Republic, might get hit by this. Sounds like a lot of those Delta Shuttle routes.
Y'all see our ads on here lately??? What kinda lies they telling now??
Pilots:
No more career games
Know more career gains?
stillcantfly is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 12:54 AM
  #14468  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Inverted
Posts: 402
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post
Except it isn't, because there isn't a net change in required pilots. Just more mainline required than regionals.

Realistically this won't hurt Endeavor at all, we may lose DFW or something from LGA/JFK, and that JFK-ORD shuttle which honestly we shouldn't be doing anyway. However Republic, might get hit by this. Sounds like a lot of those Delta Shuttle routes.
You do realize that routes get swapped around like a town lady and the routes they currently have may have been one DCI carrier or anothers at a time.
HeyOneTaco is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 07:35 AM
  #14469  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Do you guys think 17-03 is a beginning to a net slowdown in upgrades and pilot-hiring needs?
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 07:53 AM
  #14470  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,525
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Do you guys think 17-03 is a beginning to a net slowdown in upgrades and pilot-hiring needs?
FWIW, and it might not be worth much, management said at the MSP BBQ&A they will be able to officially confirm/deny more multi-class flying by mid August. No word on additional vacancies past 17-03 though. Could be something, could be nothing.
Iceberg is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 11:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 08:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 07:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 07:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices