Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
ag386's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 533
Default 5.5 Years To Flow?

Iíve been seeing 5.5 years to flow Envoy ads every time I get on APC lately. It seems thatís nowhere near the realm of possibility from the info posted here. How is recruiting still selling this?
ag386 is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
UncreativeUser's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
Iíve been seeing 5.5 years to flow Envoy ads every time I get on APC lately. It seems thatís nowhere near the realm of possibility from the info posted here. How is recruiting still selling this?


Oh great, youíre back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncreativeUser is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chato's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
Iíve been seeing 5.5 years to flow Envoy ads every time I get on APC lately. It seems thatís nowhere near the realm of possibility from the info posted here. How is recruiting still selling this?
my theory is that the company asked ALPA to stop updating the interactive seniority list with estimated flow dates probably cause they showed 8+ years to flow and this hurts recruiting. Now everyone has to do their own math and figure out when theyíll likely flow.
Chato is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:19 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
UncreativeUser's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
my theory is that the company asked ALPA to stop updating the interactive seniority list with estimated flow dates probably cause they showed 8+ years to flow and this hurts recruiting. Now everyone has to do their own math and figure out when theyíll likely flow.


The guy who made the list flowed to AA and stopped caring. Messed up, but I donít think the company asked to stop updating numbers. It is basic math, at 20 per month for 11 months and 24ish per month after that ONLY FLOWS than yeah itíll be a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncreativeUser is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chato's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncreativeUser View Post
The guy who made the list flowed to AA and stopped caring. Messed up, but I donít think the company asked to stop updating numbers. It is basic math, at 20 per month for 11 months and 24ish per month after that ONLY FLOWS than yeah itíll be a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked the union if someone else could take over, the union told me he wanted to continue doing it. This is what they told me not even two months ago.
Chato is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
UncreativeUser's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I asked the union if someone else could take over, the union told me he wanted to continue doing it. This is what they told me not even two months ago.


Well, where is it? Where is e log site? When you stop updating those lists, the information is so fluid that it becomes really really hard to maintain. Of course he will say he wants to do it, but thereís no results. So Iím not holding my breath. The union one we have now is good for the time being I guess


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncreativeUser is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:28 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chato's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncreativeUser View Post
Well, where is it? Where is e log site? When you stop updating those lists, the information is so fluid that it becomes really really hard to maintain. Of course he will say he wants to do it, but thereís no results. So Iím not holding my breath. The union one we have now is good for the time being I guess


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
with thay said, someone asked online if we were going to have an updated list with estimated flow dates they said no more. Read between the lines
Chato is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:51 PM   #8  
In a land of unicorns
 
dera's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 3,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
my theory is that the company asked ALPA to stop updating the interactive seniority list with estimated flow dates probably cause they showed 8+ years to flow and this hurts recruiting. Now everyone has to do their own math and figure out when theyíll likely flow.
I have it on a very credible source that this is 100% horsepoop.
dera is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #9  
In a land of unicorns
 
dera's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 3,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
with thay said, someone asked online if we were going to have an updated list with estimated flow dates they said no more. Read between the lines
They publish a list, you do the math, it's not hard. Or you can do it yourself. 2 minutes to add the excel formula to calculate it.
dera is offline  
Old 02-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chato's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
They publish a list, you do the math, it's not hard. Or you can do it yourself. 2 minutes to add the excel formula to calculate it.
i know my time to flow, long enough to stick around.. im talking a list showing you estimate to flow in 2028-9. I dont think people like to see that, thats my point.
Chato is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flow at 9.28 Years 6ix9ineYearFlow Envoy Airlines 125 01-15-2020 12:36 AM
Investing for the future par8head Money Talk 31 12-23-2015 04:03 AM
Best response to Kit Darby ever! BD100 Regional 38 08-01-2013 11:30 PM
Real Unofficial Poll: Staple Compass if: forgot to bid Major 485 04-03-2009 08:34 PM
Compass / NWA Flow Thru Language FlyerJosh Regional 7 08-02-2007 11:30 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:24 PM.