Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
mexipilot84's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor
Posts: 807
Default

yeah thats what I was afraid of, too good to be true. I figured their "network" of senecas seemed a little stretched. Whats with the mentor though? is he just riding in the back baby sitting? I read their contract they make you sign about maintenance outside the base. The guy on the phone said that maintenance and all is covered, but their contract shows that they will not reimburse u for any outside maintenance or any over time. He said prices are wet, so is your mentor paying for fuel at all the FBOs you land?

As much as I love cheap flight time I don't want to end up with engine failure at take off on every leg. Sounds like fun though flying for days on end, but it sounds like there more under hood than theyre telling me.
mexipilot84 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ryan1234's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF
Posts: 1,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot0486 View Post
I paid for some time from this program, here's a few things up front about it. The guy is a complete liar. They have 1 Seneca that is used for the majority of the flying. He also as an aztec and another twin that are in pieces. The maintenance on the airplane is shady. They guy that signs off their maintenance is located in Dallas and the plane was based out of Pompano Beach, FL. The IA on that airplane is a great guy and defiantly knew what he was doing, I just didn't know how much work he was doing on the airplane.

Make sure you have current charts (when I went on the trip the charts were a year old, luckily we were visual almost the entire time). The weight and balance hadn't been reconfigured with a seat out, that was the issue that was making me most nervous.

The actual flying experience was great. I purchased 50 hours and it took about 6 days (we were stuck in LA for a day). The flying was great. The guy I flew with and I are still in touch. you get to know each other when you spend 7 straight days together.

Let me know if you have any other questions
I'd be really curious to look at the mx logs....

The seat being out shouldn't be too much of an issue if you're not operating near gross.
ryan1234 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #23  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Thumbs down What is really going on.....

I spoke with them and have an email confirming what they told me which was that I would be flying 100 hours plus riding for 100 hour. 7hr a day flying & 7 hrs a day as a passenger in the co pilot seat. They said if I had my mei I could log the 7 hours a day I was sitting right seat for a total of 200 hrs PIC for the same price. I believe it has already been discussed how the 7 hours a day may be viewed by the airline interviewing you. And I am not here to debate that point.

As a former aircraft owner, here is my issue. How is it possible to fly a twin at $96 per hour wet? It is simple math. Burning 20 gph (I understand you could pull back the power to reduce fuel but follow me for a minute) at say $4.75 per gallon equals $95 an hour worth of fuel. Now add oil, engine reserves, mentor, insurance & did I mention profit (I assume they want to make a profit). How is it possible? What else is that plane carrying? Maybe some cargo they do want to tell you about??? Are you subsidizing the shipping expense for their cargo? Why is that seat removed anyways?

Go to sunbiz.org and look up the company name. Per Florida the company has been dissolved and some more research revealed the former owner ANTHONY E BUDREAU, no longer has a pilots license and has been convicted on a Federal Charge. I have not had time to pull the case but I bet it is all related!!!

If anyone has a chance to pull that federal conviction I would love to see it :-)

And Jeff Britt (guy on the phone) claims to be a pilot yet there is not record of him on the FAA Airman search....

I would really hate to see an honest pilot loose his license and freedom chasing cheap multi engine time. Remember everyone in the plane will go down when the feds are involved..... Of coarse I could be completely wrong but I would love for someone to explain to me how I could be...
MooneyM20JPilot is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Slice's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan
Posts: 3,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyM20JPilot View Post
I spoke with them and have an email confirming what they told me which was that I would be flying 100 hours plus riding for 100 hour. 7hr a day flying & 7 hrs a day as a passenger in the co pilot seat. They said if I had my mei I could log the 7 hours a day I was sitting right seat for a total of 200 hrs PIC for the same price. I believe it has already been discussed how the 7 hours a day may be viewed by the airline interviewing you. And I am not here to debate that point.

As a former aircraft owner, here is my issue. How is it possible to fly a twin at $96 per hour wet? It is simple math. Burning 20 gph (I understand you could pull back the power to reduce fuel but follow me for a minute) at say $4.75 per gallon equals $95 an hour worth of fuel. Now add oil, engine reserves, mentor, insurance & did I mention profit (I assume they want to make a profit). How is it possible? What else is that plane carrying? Maybe some cargo they do want to tell you about??? Are you subsidizing the shipping expense for their cargo? Why is that seat removed anyways?

Go to sunbiz.org and look up the company name. Per Florida the company has been dissolved and some more research revealed the former owner ANTHONY E BUDREAU, no longer has a pilots license and has been convicted on a Federal Charge. I have not had time to pull the case but I bet it is all related!!!

If anyone has a chance to pull that federal conviction I would love to see it :-)

And Jeff Britt (guy on the phone) claims to be a pilot yet there is not record of him on the FAA Airman search....

I would really hate to see an honest pilot loose his license and freedom chasing cheap multi engine time. Remember everyone in the plane will go down when the feds are involved..... Of coarse I could be completely wrong but I would love for someone to explain to me how I could be...
They can make money because they have two guys each paying that rate. And by the looks of the website, may be charging the 'mentor' too. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
Slice is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #25  
Line Holder
 
bennySODC6's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: DC-6
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Like in a commercial airliner

Insurance could certainly be one example I guess.
But then this MEI in the backseat can't be logging MEI time can he?
General question - if the guy flying (left seat) IS multi-rated, and the PNF is an MEI (right seat), does he get to log that time as instruction time just because he is an MEI - even if there is no true instruction going on?

USMCFLYR
Whether actual flight instruction was taking place or not, I knew of several instructors who would log their time in the right seat as dual given/instruction time even with a multi rated pilot sitting left seat.
bennySODC6 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #26  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 23,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennySODC6 View Post
Whether actual flight instruction was taking place or not, I knew of several instructors who would log their time in the right seat as dual given/instruction time even with a multi rated pilot sitting left seat.
This is a shady area, and you can get in trouble. Basically as far as the FAA is concerned you can only log dual when actual legitimate instruction is occuring. For practical purposes this would include....


1. Aeronautical experience per 61 for a rating, cert, or endorsement.
2. Additional training as required to achieve PTS standards.
3. Formal proficiency requirements (FR, LDGs, IPC).
4. School, Club, FBO, or Insurance checkout/proficiency requirements.
5. Airport, Airspace, or route familiarization.
6. Obvious common sense or reasonable training for a good cause such as mountain FAM, night, etc. This would even include a low-time or rusty pilot who wanted a few hours with a baby-sitter. A private pilot could probably make a good case for bringing a CFII along for any IMC operations, since he probably never gets enough actual to stay sharp.

But two current MEI's (especially if they active instructors) who do a XC had better not go there, unless there is a very good reason for a route FAM...ie they are working for Air America and need to avoid the SA and ZSU sites.

For a route FAM, you could get away with it once. But if you keep doing the same route over and over, or do multiple XC trips better stick with Safety Pilot, not dual. SP is pretty much legal for as much as you want to do as far as I know.

While the FAA does not spot-check our logbooks for excessive dual-given, a potential employer might notice blatant abuse of dual instruction.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #27  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
They can make money because they have two guys each paying that rate. And by the looks of the website, may be charging the 'mentor' too. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
Per my conversation each pilot is paying for 100 hrs @ $95 an hr and each pilot gets 100hrs at the controls. that is why you each fly 7 hrs a day for a total of 14hrs a day in the air for 2 weeks. So it is not two people sharing the 100 hrs at the controls for 50 and logging 50 as a safety pilot. I don't know what the mentor pilots deal is but I don't believe he is paying.
MooneyM20JPilot is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #28  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

The following is the email they sent:

"The Airlines are hiring? Where will you be in two years? 500 Hr blocks, $94.00 per hr wet (includes fuel) for PIC multi-engine time. Includes fuel, checkout, charts, insurance. 250 hrs wet @97.00. 100 hrs @ $96.00 per hr wet for PIC multi-engine time. You can't beat our program on price or speed of completion or flying experience. Period. We look forward to flying with you! 15 days or less for 100 hrs under Part 91. All TIME IS PIC TIME, no mickey mouse(safety pilot) time. You buy the time, you fly the time. You fly on YOUR SCHEDULE! We need you to go to the website below, go to the Documents Tab, follow the checklist, the PFD file titled funds is our Band of America account. Once you have deposited $9600.00 usd for 100 hrs or $19,200.00 usd for 200 hrs, and we have your documents we will put you on the schedge. Simple. We are closing out May and working on June! We do offer Commercial Multi Add on training. Call us for pricing! $92.00 per hr wet for military!!

Still pursuing your dream of being a Professional Pilot? Whether Airlines or Corporate we can facilitate your dream. If you hold a Commercial Multi-engine Instrument rating, you can build the "Golden Key" of multi-engine time to get Hired! If you are paying more than $96.00 per hr wet for PIC Seneca 1 or $70.00 per hr wet for C-172, then you are wasting time and money. Remember, I will also pay you 3% of the gross on any leads you send me who fly with APPP. My contact info and website are below, I look forward to talking with you soon. In life, you can have the Cadillac or the Steak knives, its up to you. Do the Math: Each month you don't fly for the airlines = $2500.00 per month x 12 = $30,000.00 per year. Can you afford not to fly with us?

Jeff

Accelerated Professional Pilot Program LLC

Jeffrey M. Britt, Sr. Senior Development/ Sales Manager"
MooneyM20JPilot is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ryan1234's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF
Posts: 1,235
Default

One of their equally shady deals was a BE90 "transition" course that "requires" 100 ME PIC, the cost: $19,995 for 10 hours in a BE90

what a bunch of malarkey
ryan1234 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #30  
Moderator
 
Cubdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.
Posts: 5,988
Default

There are other legit multiengine time-building package deals to be had. I wouldn't touch this one with with a 40-foot pole. Ari-Ben, Herb Pello, Skymates, Sheebles, quite a few are out there running legitimate time building operations. This one sounds like a shady operator.
Cubdriver is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Logging SFTY Pilot Time ebuhoner Flight Schools and Training 35 10-10-2009 10:02 AM
Airnet! Longbow64 Part 135 117 07-23-2009 09:46 AM
Navy - Pilot Jobs 4/30/09 HSLD Military 0 04-30-2009 06:27 PM
Junior at NW/DL? Here's some CPS flowdown info. JungleBus Major 121 12-20-2008 05:13 PM
GoJet Hiring??????? TPROP4ever GoJet 322 11-24-2008 09:45 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:37 AM.