Notices

Hiring / training

Old 07-29-2022, 12:26 PM
  #3061  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 491
Default

Originally Posted by PositiveRate20
This.

Giving the company unilateral authority to make changes to adapt to changing market conditions without having to come to the table…..what a massive mistake.
Keep this in mind when they come in to divide and conquer by offering a raise to one part of the group, but not another. My guess is that they’ll offer a raise to years 2 thru 8 next.
OpenClimb is offline  
Old 07-29-2022, 12:46 PM
  #3062  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlyingR6's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2008
Position: F9 FO
Posts: 370
Default

Originally Posted by OpenClimb
Keep this in mind when they come in to divide and conquer by offering a raise to one part of the group, but not another. My guess is that they’ll offer a raise to years 2 thru 8 next.
They cant really do that outside of an LOA. The company would have to give something up, and we know how they like to do that.
FlyingR6 is offline  
Old 07-29-2022, 01:31 PM
  #3063  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 651
Default

Originally Posted by FlyingR6
They cant really do that outside of an LOA. The company would have to give something up, and we know how they like to do that.
MEC isn’t doing squat until the company comes to the table, closes out some of these larger grievances, and is willing to work with us to solve our differences or issues. Until then it’s a standoff of sorts.
JoeFever1 is offline  
Old 07-29-2022, 02:00 PM
  #3064  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlyingR6's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2008
Position: F9 FO
Posts: 370
Default

Originally Posted by JoeFever1
MEC isn’t doing squat until the company comes to the table, closes out some of these larger grievances, and is willing to work with us to solve our differences or issues. Until then it’s a standoff of sorts.
Yes, this is very true.
FlyingR6 is offline  
Old 07-29-2022, 04:27 PM
  #3065  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,302
Default

Originally Posted by planejoe
What is your approximate TT?
1630 TT
Regional Pilot (as a data point)
Bachelor Degree
LOR on file

I updated my app twice a month though idk how much that helps
SoFloFlyer is online now  
Old 07-29-2022, 04:44 PM
  #3066  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 460
Default

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer
1630 TT
Regional Pilot (as a data point)
Bachelor Degree
LOR on file

I updated my app twice a month though idk how much that helps
Last question from me…these responses really help. Did you get your bachelors from an aviation college?
golfandflows is offline  
Old 07-30-2022, 10:01 AM
  #3067  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 103
Default Prep for the interview folks!

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRDptMWC/?k=1
deraa is offline  
Old 07-30-2022, 11:47 AM
  #3068  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder
Posts: 1,363
Default

Originally Posted by OpenClimb
Keep this in mind when they come in to divide and conquer by offering a raise to one part of the group, but not another. My guess is that they’ll offer a raise to years 2 thru 8 next.
This isn’t divide and conquer. This is year one getting a pay raise to entice more people through the door. This is a GOOD THING for them and increases everyone else seniority. I’m not mad at the rookies cuz they make more now…

People. Keep in mind that the merger is off. There’s no JCBA that will circumvent the normal timeline for us renegotiating rates. ANY rate change outside of year one should not be expected.

If any of us have the expectation of anything other than status quo rates with whatever organic growth that can be mustered, you’re in for disappointment. The market will determine if/when mgt decides the attrition is too much and offers the union a seat to discuss.
dracir1 is offline  
Old 07-30-2022, 12:06 PM
  #3069  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,302
Default

Originally Posted by golfandflows
Last question from me…these responses really help. Did you get your bachelors from an aviation college?
All good! I did!
SoFloFlyer is online now  
Old 07-31-2022, 07:50 AM
  #3070  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2022
Posts: 1
Default MCO base

How long is RSV in MCO? And can you get MCO right out of training?
stickerpilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices