Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-09-2019, 07:38 AM
  #12111  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,267
Default

Originally Posted by WhistlePig View Post
Iím sorry, what? Is that a legitimate comment that represents your understanding racial discrimination in America?
Im sorry, are you some how insinuating that a white person today should face sanctions for something done 150 years ago?
Poser765 is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:39 AM
  #12112  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by Poser765 View Post
Im sorry, are you some how insinuating that a white person today should face sanctions for something done 150 years ago?
Thatís not at all what he/she said.
OOfff is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 AM
  #12113  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ItnStln's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,584
Default

Originally Posted by Poser765 View Post
Im sorry, are you some how insinuating that a white person today should face sanctions for something done 150 years ago?
Thatís exactly whatís happening.
ItnStln is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM
  #12114  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ItnStln's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,584
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
Why canít you guys show any evidence of anti-white male discrimination at all, but still complain about it?
It isnít ďanti-white male discriminationĒ as you call it, itís discrimination. Iíve given evidence of what you call ďanti-white male discriminationĒ on a previous post. When I used Taleo at at&t for hiring, an applicant who declined to disclosed was ranked above a white guy, so it was beneficial for them to not disclose their demographics. I had to sort through multiple applications just to find one who was qualified for the job and didnít get ranked higher due to their demographics. This is the type of discrimination you claim doesnít exist.
ItnStln is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:04 AM
  #12115  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 502
Default

Originally Posted by Glenntilton View Post
Do you need to carry the Global Entry card for Pre Check? I have just been using my passport at the Kiosks when returning from International.
What you need to do is input the Known Traveler Number from the back of the card (should be the one listed as PassID) into the appropriate field on a reservation/non-rev profile. That will trigger "TSA Pre" on your boarding pass/priority card. All that GE card is for is land crossings and an alternate form of Federal ID for the TSA ID check.
uavking is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:06 AM
  #12116  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
It isnít ďanti-white male discriminationĒ as you call it, itís discrimination. Iíve given evidence of what you call ďanti-white male discriminationĒ on a previous post. When I used Taleo at at&t for hiring, an applicant who declined to disclosed was ranked above a white guy, so it was beneficial for them to not disclose their demographics. I had to sort through multiple applications just to find one who was qualified for the job and didnít get ranked higher due to their demographics. This is the type of discrimination you claim doesnít exist.
Oh, Iím sorry, I thought we were discussing airline hiring. I didnít realize we were discussing larger social issues. If, however, we want to trade anecdotes of discrimination to see who is worse off, I fear the white male might lose
OOfff is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:12 AM
  #12117  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ItnStln's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,584
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought we were discussing airline hiring. I didn’t realize we were discussing larger social issues. If, however, we want to trade anecdotes of discrimination to see who is worse off, I fear the white male might lose
I didn't see anything referring to only airline hiring when the comments were made. It doesn't discredit what I said, no matter how hard you just tried. My post proved your claim there is no discrimination against white males as untrue. That type of discrimination continues to happen. I fear you would be wrong, but go ahead. We just saw what happened when you assumed something, so be prepared to be proven wrong again!
ItnStln is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:13 AM
  #12118  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
I didn't see anything specific to airline hiring when the comments were made. It doesn't discredit what I said, no matter how hard you just tried. I fear you would be wrong, but go ahead. We just saw what happened when you assumed something, so be prepared to be proven wrong again!
You seriously didnít see any discussion of discrimination in pilot hiring over the past few pages? What have you been reading?
OOfff is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:23 AM
  #12119  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
Oh, Iím sorry, I thought we were discussing airline hiring. I didnít realize we were discussing larger social issues. If, however, we want to trade anecdotes of discrimination to see who is worse off, I fear the white male might lose
Cool, you tell us all the wrongs going on in the world and weíll tell you being a white male is a point against you getting hired at the airlines and many other jobs in the U.S.

Again, paying the price for all those discriminatory misogynists you grew to love and hate during 7 wonderful seasons of Mad Men.

Thanks for proving my point.
ICUROOK is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:29 AM
  #12120  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ItnStln's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,584
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
You seriously didnít see any discussion of discrimination in pilot hiring over the past few pages? What have you been reading?
Let me rewrite what I already wrote and explain it to you in hopes you are able to comprehend it: "I didn't see anything referring to only airline hiring when the comments were made." This means I did not see where only airline hiring practices can be used to prove or disprove a point. Don't get butthurt that you asked for evidence to disprove your false claim and I provided it. Now you moved the goalpost after being proven wrong. Out of curiosity what are your demographics since you seem to find it acceptable to discriminate against whites?
ItnStln is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices