Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 PM
  #1791  
Runs with scissors
 
Timbo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .
Posts: 7,728
Default

Yeah, I can see your point, I was wrong, from now on, I will always jump to conclusions based on the last minute of tape from what might have been a longer conversation about their desire to -not- be vectored to that runway, with those winds.

I'm so glad you all clued me in, because I really have no experience, compared to you all. I mean, I've only been flying into and out of JFK for...34 years, in everything from an AC690 when I was 19, to Lear Jets to 777's.

Thanks for your valuable input. I will certainly divert before I get turned over to approach in the future, or better yet, never leave my bed, because, flying is Dangerous! And ATC is always right, why would anyone question them?? Just do as you're told!

There's not time to think up there, you think, You're DEAD!

YOU GUYS are Dangerous!

http://videosift.com/video/Iceman-The-Later-Years-SNL

Insert eye roll, Z snap and Delta-Lina finger wag...

Last edited by Timbo; 06-28-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Timbo is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  #1792  
Runs with scissors
 
Timbo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .
Posts: 7,728
Default

Originally Posted by IBPilot
You're ONLY an AIRBUS FO...and you're gonna tell Timbo the facts??? You don't have the guts!:roll eyes:

Tool of the day.....any pilot that ASSumes every RJ FO is 23 with 600 hours....

First off, you don't have 'The Facts'.

So the same could be said for every anyone who thinks an RJ F/O has as much experience, judgment and RESPONSIBILITY as any heavy Capt.

That knife cuts both ways, so be careful when you use that particular...tool.
Timbo is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM
  #1793  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 1,154
Default

My nomination for TOTD are people who pull the "experience" card, or who think people who don't fly "heavies" are inferior pilots.

(This is not actually directed at you Timbo, your posts just made me think of it).
Crazy Canuck is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
  #1794  
Enjoys working weekend
 
CriticalMach's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 511
Default

Originally Posted by Timbo
First off, you don't have 'The Facts'.

So the same could be said for every anyone who thinks an RJ F/O has as much experience, judgment and RESPONSIBILITY as any heavy Capt.

That knife cuts both ways, so be careful when you use that particular...tool.

The AA captain in Little rock was also an experienced one, wasn't he?
CriticalMach is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 PM
  #1795  
Eats shoots and leaves...
 
bcrosier's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Didactic Synthetic Aviation Experience Provider
Posts: 849
Default

Originally Posted by CriticalMach
The AA captain in Little rock was also an experienced one, wasn't he?
Merciful heavens, he's right! We should immediately ban all experience pilots! Only pre-solo student's will now be permitted to act as PIC of all 121 and 135 flights.

Or maybe there's something else going on there...

Now to once again try and save this outstanding thread from our own toolishness (where's Timmay when we need him?):

TOTD - 1st nominee: People who make strawman arguments on bulletin boards (yep, that includes me).

TOTD - 2nd nominee: People who hijack the TOTD thread to debate a crew's actions (yep, guess I'm in on that one too).

TOTD - 3rd nominee: The guy who honked at me whilst I was riding my bike in the bike lane - I was going straight, he was turning right. I had the right of way, apparently he didn't want to wait three seconds. THAT's a tool of the day in my book.
bcrosier is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 AM
  #1796  
Runs with scissors
 
Timbo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .
Posts: 7,728
Default

Thanks bcrosier, that was good.

You know...the more you know the more you'll come to realize, you just don't know.

As the old China man once said;

"You think you know? You No Know!"

Or in english; you won't know, until it's over, and by then, it's too late.
Timbo is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 05:48 AM
  #1797  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Originally Posted by Timbo
First off, you don't have 'The Facts'.

So the same could be said for every anyone who thinks an RJ F/O has as much experience, judgment and RESPONSIBILITY as any heavy Capt.

That knife cuts both ways, so be careful when you use that particular...tool.
I recently had a retired FEDEX MD-11 CA as my RJ FO, and a retired C5 driver, and other furloughed Heavy drivers.......so yes YOU be very very careful with that knife....not knowing what goes on in this industry besides in your own little bubble makes you a tool...

So it's ok for you to not have facts and make an argument, but if anyone else does they are wrong? that makes you a tool!
IBPilot is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 AM
  #1798  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Senior Skipper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: the correct seat
Posts: 1,422
Default

What did your ex-FedEx CA do to deserve a 90% pay cut?
Senior Skipper is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
  #1799  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Originally Posted by Senior Skipper
What did your ex-FedEx CA do to deserve a 90% pay cut?

I said retired....they turned 60 and had to retire at FDX, and age 65 passed shortly after. Couldn't escape the flying bug and alimony I'm guessing but that's none of my business, I don't ask....
IBPilot is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
  #1800  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by IBPilot
I said retired....they turned 60 and had to retire at FDX, and age 65 passed shortly after. Couldn't escape the flying bug and alimony I'm guessing but that's none of my business, I don't ask....
Why the heck would a 60 year old want to start out at a regional again?

Not going to pay much alimony with that $20k a year.
DeadHead is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices