Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 07-20-2014, 03:30 PM
  #2101  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default jetBlue Hiring

Missing the point. Period.
Southerner is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 04:05 PM
  #2102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
skypilot35's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: It's hot out here.
Posts: 612
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
Missing the point. Period.
Im guessing you're a FA. You do not understand the point and unless you are a pilot and understand the nuances of the job, there is no reason you should have any say in whether or not an individual is hired to fly an airplane. Following your train of thought maybe rampers and gate agents should sit in on FA interviews because they are the ones who have to work with you.
skypilot35 is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 04:12 PM
  #2103  
Gets Weekends Off
 
skypilot35's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: It's hot out here.
Posts: 612
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
I really don't think it matters. The TMAAT questions might be technical, but they aren't paying attention to your response in that way. They are looking for words that indicate you are lying, or in some way aren't a good fit. They are looking at your body language, and watching your presentation. What you say is less important than how you say it.

As long as the flight attendant has been properly trained to interpret those cues, it doesn't matter. You guys just don't like the idea of it because it hurts your ego, and that may be just the reason they are there, to see your reaction when you hear them introduce themselves as a flight attendant.
I just read the minutia you spewed out earlier. Are you kidding me? FAs are looking at body language during an interview to see if someone is lying. Who are you, Detective Tubbs? Get over yourself. Again FAs do not belong in the pilot interview process. Period.

...and get the coffee ready

Last edited by skypilot35; 07-20-2014 at 04:39 PM.
skypilot35 is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 04:20 PM
  #2104  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JT8D's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Posts: 618
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
I just read the minutia you spewed out earlier. Are you kidding me? FAs are looking at body language during an interview to see if someone is lying. Who are you, Detective Tubbs? Get over yourself. Again FAs do not belong in the pilot interview process. Period.
Lol that idea sounds almost as effective as the TSA's behavioral recognition program.
JT8D is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 04:50 PM
  #2105  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated
Posts: 4,307
Default

They are judging looks, period. Just like if I were on the FA hiring board. No different. It's good thing I am so devishly handsome, I say bring em on!
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 05:40 PM
  #2106  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
I just read the minutia you spewed out earlier. Are you kidding me? FAs are looking at body language during an interview to see if someone is lying. Who are you, Detective Tubbs? Get over yourself. Again FAs do not belong in the pilot interview process. Period.

...and get the coffee ready
You obviously don't know much about interview techniques or the JetBlue interview specifically. Do a little research, you might learn something. There are specific words and phrases that indicate untruthfulness. JetBlue interviewers have been trained to look for that sort of thing. You don't have to be a pilot to recognize huge egos either. In fact, a flight attendant may just be the perfect person to look for that.

Say what you will about the interview process here, but it does a pretty darn good job of hiring a specific type of person. Most of us fit together pretty well. I have yet to fly with someone that I wouldn't go get a beer with at the overnight. I'm not senior enough to fly with the "horrible hundred" though.
Southerner is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 05:41 PM
  #2107  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
Im guessing you're a FA. You do not understand the point and unless you are a pilot and understand the nuances of the job, there is no reason you should have any say in whether or not an individual is hired to fly an airplane. Following your train of thought maybe rampers and gate agents should sit in on FA interviews because they are the ones who have to work with you.
Get over yourself. Check your ego at the door. Jesus, some of you guys are insufferable. I hope you aren't already through the process. If you are, I guess some bad apples slip by.
Southerner is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
  #2108  
Gets Weekends Off
 
skypilot35's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: It's hot out here.
Posts: 612
Default

Apparently the idea wasn't that great...it's no longer done. Period.

...go fix your lipstick.
skypilot35 is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 PM
  #2109  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
Apparently the idea wasn't that great...it's no longer done. Period.

...go fix your lipstick.
You're still missing the point, and still an egotistical jerk. What a surprise.
Southerner is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 PM
  #2110  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,175
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
Apparently the idea wasn't that great...it's no longer done. Period.

...go fix your lipstick.
Out of curiousity.... Why are you so bitter?
cencal83406 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 02:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 08:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 10:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 06:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 05:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices