Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

Crew Food/Rest

Old 09-16-2022, 12:24 PM
  #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 843
Default

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
So, we went from experienced pilots to exemplary pilots. I think we need exemplary compensation.
If we want to be able to hire and then keep these exemplary pilots, you are correct- we will need exemplary compensation. The latest seniority list shows 9 recent hires leaving in the last month. This number has been growing month over month. This and the fact that the company has recently lowered the minimums for the second time in the last year are a good indicator that we do not have said exemplary compensation. Hopefully next month will continue the trend of rising numbers of departures.
jtf560 is offline  
Old 09-16-2022, 02:13 PM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeamSasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 459
Default

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
If we want to be able to hire and then keep these exemplary pilots, you are correct- we will need exemplary compensation. The latest seniority list shows 9 recent hires leaving in the last month. This number has been growing month over month. This and the fact that the company has recently lowered the minimums for the second time in the last year are a good indicator that we do not have said exemplary compensation. Hopefully next month will continue the trend of rising numbers of departures.
I donít know a solid number, but I suspect ~3 left on the training departments term too. Nothing against low time CFIís, as I was one too. But, the program isnít tailored to that group like the regionals are. I suspect the training attrition might rise too.
TeamSasquatch is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 05:40 AM
  #23  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
So, we went from experienced pilots to exemplary pilots. I think we need exemplary compensation.
Now is not the time.
FracCracka is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 09:08 AM
  #24  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2022
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by FracCracka View Post
Now is not the time.
Thatís correct. From the union president himself. (In the IBI 23ípost) He has a young family and doesnít want to have to start over at the bottom of someoneís seniority list if something goes wrong. I was under the impression that a union president shouldnít put his personal wants in front of the membership.
BTW. Thereís never been a better time to make this happen. The company wants to wait till we are in a recession and then negotiate.
ExecJet99 is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 10:37 AM
  #25  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by ExecJet99 View Post
Thereís never been a better time to make this happen. The company wants to wait till we are in a recession and then negotiate.
How Itís possible that 2700 people donít all see this, is nothing short of a mystery.
FracCracka is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 11:39 AM
  #26  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2022
Posts: 27
Default

Iím not sure. Thereís so many company leg humpers that believe anything the company or union says. Just read our message boards. DZ and GR come to mind. Thereís finally a few over there that are chiming in and making waves. The problem is that if you say something the union doesnít like you are shut off. So much for that pesky 1st amendment, I may new here but Iíve been at NJ since Ď99 and have seen this program before.
ExecJet99 is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 12:52 PM
  #27  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 21
Default

They still monopolizing the bandwidth? Havenít been on in a long time.
FracCracka is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 12:53 PM
  #28  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by FracCracka View Post
How Itís possible that 2700 people donít all see this, is nothing short of a mystery.
It's the same people that have their $30k bonus spent before voting ends on an IBB. The same people whom will not want the 2.5 VED to sunset in December.
HeavyD is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 12:57 PM
  #29  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 21
Default

Hopefully the fresh blood wonít be so easily swayed by $150/ service month.
FracCracka is offline  
Old 09-17-2022, 02:51 PM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Das Auto's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 673
Default

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
The same people whom will not want the 2.5 VED to sunset in December.
This argument drives me crazy! The 2.5 VED is a win for everyone! Junior F.O.s such as myself rely on that to supplement our incomes while we patiently wait to upgrade or work our way up the F.O. payscale. VED is not mandatory. Don't like it? Don't volunteer for it!

The company benefits because if enough people volunteer they can adequately staff the fleet and therefore spend less on expensive third party contract vendors. That allows them to make more profit which is preferable to the pilot group as a whole if we're trying to increase our compensation. Would you rather negotiate while the company is hemorrhaging profit on third party vendors?

One more thing while I've got my ranting hat on. (Not necessarily directed at you heavyD.)
Not all new hires have a wet ink ATP. I was hired last year with 10,000 hours (of which 7,000 is 121&135 PIC, 4 type ratings and 2 check airman letters. I'm flying with guys that have zero time in type post IOE and zero PIC time because they just upgraded, yet I sit in the right seat earning half the pay. That's the way it works in this crazy industry. Leaving one job to start another is like deliberately landing on the "bankrupt" wedge on the wheel of fortune. Start over again from zero. That's my choice and my long term strategy so I can't complain too loudly for self inflicted circumstances, but I can still speak up and raise the B.S. flag when my colleagues are advocating cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Inflation is real. Us pilots know it, management knows it and the aircraft owners know it. Increases will need to come due to basic math, but playing silly buggers in an attempt to poke the bear will benefit nobody.
Das Auto is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
USN2FEDEX
FedEx
3331
09-04-2019 08:45 PM
DogWhisperer
Delta
2
06-19-2016 01:26 PM
MD11Fr8Dog
Cargo
23
01-16-2011 10:18 AM
flyboy1987
Major
8
01-27-2008 11:25 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread