Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
Gotcha. Sounds like they just messed up/didn’t clarify the effective date. Doesn’t make a difference to me, I just wanna make sure I get back to where my car is on day 8 lol
Yeah I had the same concern so I made a call to clarify. I agree they could have worded it better.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Yeah I had the same concern so I made a call to clarify. I agree they could have worded it better.
I've been critical of them for not making any changes to reduce our airline exposure, and I want to make sure to acknowledge that they've finally addressed it. That being said, they certainly could have been more clear about when these changes are taking effect. I know of several people who are concerned that they are going find out that they are now starting on Tuesday the day before. However, we certainly need to bend with the wind these days! I've heard mumblings that WUP isn't looking at involuntary furloughs for at least a couple months (cross your fingers!). Reach out to scheduling or your supervisor with questions, and don't wait until the last minute.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
I've been critical of them for not making any changes to reduce our airline exposure, and I want to make sure to acknowledge that they've finally addressed it. That being said, they certainly could have been more clear about when these changes are taking effect. I know of several people who are concerned that they are going find out that they are now starting on Tuesday the day before. However, we certainly need to bend with the wind these days! I've heard mumblings that WUP isn't looking at involuntary furloughs for at least a couple months (cross your fingers!). Reach out to scheduling or your supervisor with questions, and don't wait until the last minute.
Well they just signed up to donate 10million meals to people affected by COVID19, if they are going to start furloughs they may want to set aside a few meals for the crews.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Was there an actual memo about taking all the stock off the plane? The only reason why I knew is because I listened to the last conference call. Also the cleaner which they mentioned in a memo called Puracyn is actually a wound and skin cleanser. Has there been any explanation why this was chosen?

I’m glad they started to address the airline problem as both my flying partner and I had a rental to drive to the plane this tour. On the other hand the lack of communication and transparency from everyone above me is embarrassing.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
Was there an actual memo about taking all the stock off the plane? The only reason why I knew is because I listened to the last conference call. Also the cleaner which they mentioned in a memo called Puracyn is actually a wound and skin cleanser. Has there been any explanation why this was chosen?

I’m glad they started to address the airline problem as both my flying partner and I had a rental to drive to the plane this tour. On the other hand the lack of communication and transparency from everyone above me is embarrassing.
I kept hearing about the stock removal thing, but didn’t see anything official. I didn’t make the last conference call. So, I called ops and they verified stock to be removed from airplane so that’s what we did. Also, he said be sure to account for that on weight & balance.

As far as the Puracyn thing goes, I asked my sister who is an RN and she said if it’s good enough to clean open wounds then it should be effective in killing any viruses on surfaces. I’m guessing it was just one of the more readily available products.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Phenom

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
I kept hearing about the stock removal thing, but didn’t see anything official. I didn’t make the last conference call. So, I called ops and they verified stock to be removed from airplane so that’s what we did. Also, he said be sure to account for that on weight & balance.

As far as the Puracyn thing goes, I asked my sister who is an RN and she said if it’s good enough to clean open wounds then it should be effective in killing any viruses on surfaces. I’m guessing it was just one of the more readily available products.
DPJ CP emailed the pilot group on Mar 25th directing removal of stock. Why are things like this not going through some email chain that covers all three operators? I would think changes to procedures and protective measures should be a standardized effort for all.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by BuddhaPilot73 View Post
DPJ CP emailed the pilot group on Mar 25th directing removal of stock. Why are things like this not going through some email chain that covers all three operators? I would think changes to procedures and protective measures should be a standardized effort for all.
My only guess would be no one knew the magnitude of this problem. WUP was probably betting on the fact it would be buisness as usual for a while why they got their ducks in a row. I’m guessing with just about every airline around the world policy is being dictated by the old expression. “Throw mud at the wall and see what sticks”
Old 04-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

I would think changes to procedures and protective measures should be a standardized effort for all.
they will be. We are a very young company when you consider that gama/tmc/dpj have only been under the same roof for a matter of weeks. It’ll come.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Phenom

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
they will be. We are a very young company when you consider that gama/tmc/dpj have only been under the same roof for a matter of weeks. It’ll come.
They had zero issue getting KD’s messages of how great the merger is and all the new benefits our members and owners will receive while we lose some of the things that were keeping pilots at the company. When that goes out directly to the all three pilot and FA group email lists, that’s a little tone deaf. You’d think this would be a more important effort than that. Just my two cents.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

They had zero issue getting KD’s messages of how great the merger is and all the new benefits our members and owners will receive while we lose some of the things that were keeping pilots at the company. When that goes out directly to the all three pilot and FA group email lists, that’s a little tone deaf. You’d think this would be a more important effort than that. Just my two cents.
A reliable source has indicated that we have WUP pilots with symptoms of COVID 19, however there is no way to confirm if they tested positive. The company said they would “do their best to notify anyone who was in contact”. There is HIPAA involved, so you will not know unless if you have been in contact with that person. Given the time it takes to exhibit the symptoms, we can become carriers or spread the virus ourselves(2x2x2x2 etc.) If you have any doubt do everyone a favor and stay home. Read the employees rights that HR sent out, you will be covered up to 80 hours of sick leave for reasons 2,3,4. Unfortunately reason 1 does not apply because you have been deemed essential. Please be safe out there!