Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 08-14-2017 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by aeroengineer (Post 2410666)
Typically how many months will you have fly right seat to get the 700 or so additional hours to meet the 1200 hour part 135 mins needed to move to the left seat? Thanks

At 40 to 50 hours a month, a little over a year.

calico 08-15-2017 02:48 AM

Are you guys hiring FOs? There were no positions listed on the website.

FreightDogs 08-15-2017 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2410655)
Ok. So it is for the E120 but not the ACP? Or is it for both?

It's both.
The ACP mins are more on everything except where they are the same - ME, PIC, and Instrument.

FreightDogs 08-15-2017 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by aeroengineer (Post 2410666)
Typically how many months will you have fly right seat to get the 700 or so additional hours to meet the 1200 hour part 135 mins needed to move to the left seat? Thanks

Yep, own nav is correct.
For the regular EMB120 First Officers, the time is right around a year.
For the ACP First Officers, the time is around three months.

FreightDogs 08-15-2017 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by calico (Post 2410790)
Are you guys hiring FOs? There were no positions listed on the website.

Hi!

We're not hiring our traditional EMB120 First Officers through at least October (as we are full and have two already scheduled for our September class).
However, we are hiring five ACP First Officers for September and five for October.
It's not listed on our site, but you are welcome to apply for it by filling out a BE99 Captain application. Let me know if you do and I'll tell our recruiters and tell them that you would be an ACP candidate not a Captain candidate.

Hope that helps!

Test Echo 45 08-18-2017 08:08 AM

Flow/Preferential Hiring

Good afternoon,
So I've read on the Amerifligjt website of preferential hiring agreements with Frontier, Allegiant, and Omni Air, has anyone ever done this? What is life after Ameriflight? I'm a soon to be retiring army helicopter pilot thinking of switching to airplanes for my next career and just investigating all the options out there. Y'all have a great day.

Test Echo 45 08-23-2017 02:38 PM

So......anyone?

Bellair 08-23-2017 07:03 PM

Does anyone know the details of the flow agreement with Allegiant?

FreightDogs 08-24-2017 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Test Echo 45 (Post 2412904)
Good afternoon,
So I've read on the Amerifligjt website of preferential hiring agreements with Frontier, Allegiant, and Omni Air, has anyone ever done this? What is life after Ameriflight? I'm a soon to be retiring army helicopter pilot thinking of switching to airplanes for my next career and just investigating all the options out there. Y'all have a great day.

Hi!

I was hoping someone else would chime in, but I'll give it a go!
The agreements are relatively new. We have several pilots in the programs right now. As for those that have already met the requirements and moved through to the airlines: Allegiant = 3, Frontier = 0, Omni = 2.
I've heard good things from the folks that have transferred over. The process itself has gone smoothly so far.

We'd be happy to have you over in the fixed wing side of the industry!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

FreightDogs 08-24-2017 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bellair (Post 2418645)
Does anyone know the details of the flow agreement with Allegiant?

Hi!

The agreement with Allegiant ensures pilots entering the program a first officer position with Allegiant upon completion of outlined experience and training requirements (see below).

Once you become an Ameriflight pilot, you may choose to enter the Allegiant program. Allegiant will then actively mentor you. You will be encouraged to participate in Allegiant-sponsored functions such as meet-and-greets with the regional chief pilots, ground school sessions, simulator observations, mentoring opportunities and jumpseating.

The agreement is open to all Ameriflight pilots regardless of seniority, equipment, seat position, or current position within the company. Both new pilots and pilots who currently fly for Ameriflight are eligible and encouraged to participate in the program.

Meets the following requirements:
  • 2,500 hours total hours minimum broken down as follows:1,500 hours to ATP
    § 1,500 hours to ATP
    § A type-rated pilot for Ameriflight with an additional 1,000 hours as PIC for Ameriflight
    § In addition, the Pilot must complete a minimum of 24 months flying the line as a pilot for Ameriflight (i.e. 24 months after completion of OE). This requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis upon mutual agreement between the Ameriflight Chief Pilot and the Allegiant Chief Pilot (or their designees).
    1) Recommended for the training slot at Allegiant by either the Chief Pilot or Director of Training at Ameriflight.
    2) Has not been the subject of disciplinary action by Ameriflight for any reason during their employment with Ameriflight.
    3) Has no failed check rides within the previous 18 months.
    4) Will be required to complete a pilot application, employment records review pursuant to PRIA, and a pre-employment drug screening as required for employment at Allegiant.
    5) Satisfactorily completes an instrument proficiency validation and a final entry interview administered by Allegiant within 90 days of the anticipated class date.
Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!