Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 9K Captain, Furloughed OH

Originally Posted by Mitragorz View Post
And I miss Fiorentino's! I spoke with Chelsea the other day, she said: "i have nothing to look forward to with no cute pilot boys to come visit me."

yea right... pyscho stalker... haha
Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Anyone got a guess at how many Eagle furloughees are calling Cape home? Just wondering what the Eagle recall could mean for those of us with an interest in Cape.

-mini
Old 12-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Default Bases

Cape Guys:

How senior is BOS, HYA or the islands year round?

Would it be possible for a new guy to get there with the new bases in Mo. and Md.?

Just wondering.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Ive been having a hard time getting that answer as well.

Someday I wouldnt mind flying for Cair but being married with a kid on the way and basically a nonmoveable object it would have to be BOS year round.

What I have heard is that "only if your seniority can hold it". I think that is the answer right there, if the summer ends and they want to send you elsewhere and you say no then you are out a job.

Sounds logical, but I can dream.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: B6 CA

As a new Capt it will likely be difficult to hold BOS/HYA, especially this time of year. Summer is more realistic as they increase the lines in the north. There are other outstations in the regions though that offer better year-round availability, but again it's all about seniority. I'm pretty much preparing myself to end up in upstate NY or out in MO/IL once I upgrade. One nice thing about the NY bases is the schedule, they offer 4 on/5 off out there.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

Originally Posted by SenecaDriver View Post
Cape Guys:

How senior is BOS, HYA or the islands year round?

Would it be possible for a new guy to get there with the new bases in Mo. and Md.?

Just wondering.
The changes Cape Air has undergone in the past year alone it's anybody's guess. BOS was always a very senior base and has become less and less senior. HYA was always the large base that most pilots lived in and the junior guys moved to the Caribbean in the winter. The Caribbean has now become a relatively senior base as well. Now all the new stuff is junior but it seems we get some new flying every few months so it keeps changing.

We were a profitable company in a year very few companies, much less airlines, can claim so it seems there is a great method to the madness.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by BelowMins View Post
The changes Cape Air has undergone in the past year alone it's anybody's guess. BOS was always a very senior base and has become less and less senior. HYA was always the large base that most pilots lived in and the junior guys moved to the Caribbean in the winter. The Caribbean has now become a relatively senior base as well. Now all the new stuff is junior but it seems we get some new flying every few months so it keeps changing.

We were a profitable company in a year very few companies, much less airlines, can claim so it seems there is a great method to the madness.
Well that's promising. Thanks for the info! Let's hope by the time they pull me out of the pool (soon? please?), I can hold BOS within a year or so... Not commuting would be a dream come true!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: what???

How is the STL stuff coming along?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Any update on a guestimate for how many Eagle folks will be leaving Cape to accept their recall? Others being recalled? Anyone got a "best guess" how senior LNS and/or HGR typically go?

...I've really got to get on my stuff to try again.

-mini
Old 12-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by BelowMins View Post

Yeah, I can't believe how senior SJU went this winter.

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
Any update on a guestimate for how many Eagle folks will be leaving Cape to accept their recall? Others being recalled? Anyone got a "best guess" how senior LNS and/or HGR typically go?

...I've really got to get on my stuff to try again.

-mini
Lord Captain Mini,

I'm not aware of any Eagle guys around, but it's possible. I could possibly get recalled in 2010, but it's still up in the air whether I'd take it or not (wishful thinking, but if we got a solid contract with better pay rates I wouldn't mind sticking around...). There has been a bit of movement in the past few months though, and will probably continue. A few recalls here and there, a few guys getting new jobs, going on LOA, etc.

LNS and HGR will probably see openings, assuming the contract gets extended past March (I sure hope so, I have a lease). You're going to be hard pressed to get into HGR...they have a couple 10+ year guys there who aren't going to budge, and one guy who's pretty content there for the longer term. That said, one of the guys is leaving soon for another job, which will open up a vacancy. LNS is definitely more junior. Senior guy is a 09/08 hire, junior is 01/09. I know two of us aren't budging until recall (possibly), and the other two guys are pretty content for now. I'll keep an ear to the ground. Vacancies in either base tend to go junior, with the exception of the last HGR bid.

By the way mini, my offer still stands to give you a good word to the hiring people (if that'll help any), so let me know when you toss in.