Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
Classes depend on the number of pilots who don't return from the Carib this winter. There are always some. How many is anyone's guess. I was told there is a pool with a dozen plus swimmers and 'they' are looking to get another ten to a dozen poolies.
When you say it depends on how many don't come back from the Carib, does that some quit and stay down there or some just fly during the winter and are off during the summer? Just wondering if a new hire class associated with that would only be a temporary thing, i.e. furloughed in the winter once the Carib flying picks up again...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by rocketman3746 View Post
When you say it depends on how many don't come back from the Carib, does that some quit and stay down there or some just fly during the winter and are off during the summer? Just wondering if a new hire class associated with that would only be a temporary thing, i.e. furloughed in the winter once the Carib flying picks up again...

I mean some number of pilots will quit or become part time/on call (only allowed if they have 1 year service). (Summer) New hires would be full time employees with prioroty over part timers who would not be able to return (in winter) to full time status unless there were additional vacancies.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: DHC-8 FO

Having worked at ACK at the FBO side last summer I seem to remember only one flight a day going to HPN. The competition on the ACK-HPN line is pretty good. There is tradewinds aviation in the caravans and PC-12's and a couple 135's who sell by the seat to HPN. Also I hope they don't get rid of some of the HYA flights as it was a great way to get off island for a few hours. Maybe go see a movie or something fun like that. Anyways does anyone know if Cape Air is still doing that intern program with riddle? I got to Purdue and would love to try and break into it but they are pretty dead set on Riddle....Shame.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I mean some number of pilots will quit or become part time/on call (only allowed if they have 1 year service). (Summer) New hires would be full time employees with prioroty over part timers who would not be able to return (in winter) to full time status unless there were additional vacancies.
Robthree, thanks for the info! I don't know if the Jan. class took pilots out of the pool I'm in, but last I heard from HR (Nov. '09) I was #9 in the pool. Looking forward to starting!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:06 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: C402 FO
Default Intern Program

They are only doing the gateway program from Embry-Riddle(Daytona and Prescott) and Univ of North Dakota. They haven't talked about adding schools at this time.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008

I am curious about this gateway program. If you go to one of the listed schools, graduate and start working for Cape Air, Jet Blue is going to hire you to fly with no turbine time?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPLT View Post
I am curious about this gateway program. If you go to one of the listed schools, graduate and start working for Cape Air, Jet Blue is going to hire you to fly with no turbine time?
you get an 'interview' with jetblue is my understanding.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: yes

The hiring with Jet Blue is no guarantee whatsoever. Interview only. However if the economy is doing well, then yes you will get hired with Jet Blue with no turbine time.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by 9kBud View Post
The hiring with Jet Blue is no guarantee whatsoever. Interview only. However if the economy is doing well, then yes you will get hired with Jet Blue with no turbine time.

SWEET!!! I have over 2000hrs turbine PIC and an ERAU Alum, Where do I sign up????

All kidding aside, I'd love to work for Cape and have sent my stuff over going on 6x now. To all of you in the next class or pool, CONGRATS!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 9K CA

May 15th? I saw a newspaper blurb posted on the board, but can't quite remember.

Edit... March 15th...

Classes depend on the number of pilots who don't return from the Carib this winter. There are always some. How many is anyone's guess. I was told there is a pool with a dozen plus swimmers and 'they' are looking to get another ten to a dozen poolies.
Thanks for the info rob. I suppose May 15 would be a decent guess for more info on the returnees, as that's the next bid right? As for what 'they' are looking for, are you hearing 10-12 in addition to the dozen or so already swimming? That would be superb...

Here's to hoping people decide to stay in the Carib