Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheesUp/Gama

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 06:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by Onetaco View Post
...limiting the amount of flying they could task you on day 8.
Or prevent you from getting home due to the duty day.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Not much has changed.

No advancement, stuck in a KingAir until retirement.

Company can't hire first officers for 55k/yr when you could go to a regional for more advancement and eventual pay so they hire street captains instead.

Don't know if you'll be flying as Captain or First Officer because there is no seniority list.

Communication still stinks.

Best KingAir job out there if that's what you want to do and not be home for 207 days a year.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Do you happen to know when the contract is up with Gama? Any rumors about what might take place then?

Do you know who the new D.O. is since Tom's passing?
Old 02-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CH2T Worst plane ever

It seems this thread has more attention as of late so I figured I'd post here instead:

Any update on bases? What are the latest bases available? Also as I understand it it's 100% medical coverage, is that for everything? Or is co-pays and coinsurance extremely high? Does it cover your whole family? Also if you have a live-in girlfriend/domestic partner? And is there pay longevity? Vacation accrual?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Aviatormar View Post
It seems this thread has more attention as of late so I figured I'd post here instead:

Any update on bases? What are the latest bases available? Also as I understand it it's 100% medical coverage, is that for everything? Or is co-pays and coinsurance extremely high? Does it cover your whole family? Also if you have a live-in girlfriend/domestic partner? And is there pay longevity? Vacation accrual?
Bases: Ask and you might get what you want if it has decent airline service.

Insurance: Company pays the premium. Nothing taken out of your paycheck. You have copays and deductibles, but its not bad. It's for the family. Don't know about the girlfriend.

No pay longevity or vacation accrual. No pay scale. No seniority for anything. Whatever position you get hired into plan on being there until you've had enough. It's a descent job where you're generally treated well, but you'll get a stalled feeling after some time and you'll be looking elsewhere.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:53 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Default Mojo6911

so many great points made here... best one from my view is line holders should "try to make this thing work"...

Management appears to want to improve comms with the "pilot supervisor" initiative. It looks like they took a group of "their best" Stans/Checks and made them "Regional Reps". This is a significant step in the right direction.... if they can make it work.

I attempted contact with my PS a few weeks ago. "Hey Rep... what is your job description?".... 5 days later--- no reply. "Hey Rep! get this?".... Reply... yes, I'm not sure what we're supposed to do... and I'm busy drilling this week...". I then sent in a specific concern. No reply.

For now... I'm going to keep trying to help.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by OleNavy View Post
I attempted contact with my PS a few weeks ago. "Hey Rep... what is your job description?".... 5 days later--- no reply. "Hey Rep! get this?".... Reply... yes, I'm not sure what we're supposed to do... and I'm busy drilling this week...". I then sent in a specific concern. No reply.

For now... I'm going to keep trying to help.
Has he or she been 'officially' given the reigns yet? What kind of concern did you have?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Who took Tom Millers job? He was a decent guy.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Tom past away unexpectedly. Was wondering who took his place and maybe they can straighten out some of the problems. Not that there are that many but there are some that are spoken of often that show favoritism and that isn't good especially when there is no seniority list. I would think WheelsUp would do better having control over it all as opposed to having someone else handling this portion.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by mrski View Post
I would think WheelsUp would do better having control over it all as opposed to having someone else handling this portion.
WheelsUp doesn't care one bit about all of the issues that are happening here as long as the planes keep flying.