Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #11381  
Gets Weekends Off
 
H46Bubba's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: NOYDB
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
Ok, maybe I am being naive, but is this true?
Possibly. Source was one of the Sodexo (cafe) employees. I guess their contract is up in April and there hasn't been a re-bid. With management wacking away at GO jobs, the lunch crowd has gotten smaller and smaller. We'll just have to wait and see.
H46Bubba is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #11382  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fjetter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO
Posts: 809
Default

For all the furloughees, I know our travel benefits were degraded after 30 days to S3C for the duration of the furlough for mainline and Comair flights. But Travelnet will let us book on any DCI. Anybody had any problems with it recently. I'm looking to go from BDL to MLB in feb and want to make sure I can get on an asa flight out of ATL. Otherwise I'll go mainline to MCO.
fjetter is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #11383  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
Don't give them any ideas. Are they turning off the lights at night yet over there at the GO?
I don't know, but I've been asking that question for a long time now.

During bankruptcy I suggested they should lease the G.O. out and move into some of the space at the old old DHL facility (the one before the huge, now empty sort facility). There's absolutely no excuse for having such an extravagant office space for a company that can't pay its bills or honor its obligations.
irrelevant is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #11384  
Gets Weekends Off
 
evilboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: "if it's got wings, I can crash it".
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjetter View Post
For all the furloughees, I know our travel benefits were degraded after 30 days to S3C for the duration of the furlough for mainline and Comair flights. But Travelnet will let us book on any DCI. Anybody had any problems with it recently. I'm looking to go from BDL to MLB in feb and want to make sure I can get on an asa flight out of ATL. Otherwise I'll go mainline to MCO.
It's actually SA3B.....you will be free....anybody else in your pass bennies will pay the fee.
evilboy is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #11385  
Gets Weekends Off
 
imasaluki's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant View Post
I don't know, but I've been asking that question for a long time now.

During bankruptcy I suggested they should lease the G.O. out and move into some of the space at the old old DHL facility (the one before the huge, now empty sort facility). There's absolutely no excuse for having such an extravagant office space for a company that can't pay its bills or honor its obligations.
Isn't that the truth... what do they think they are? Fortune 500?
imasaluki is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #11386  
Gets Weekends Off
 
par8head's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 362
Default

Bando told me the cafe in the go costs the company over 100,000 a year in subsidies to keep it there. It is a nice perk for the GO employees and students in training but not a necesity
par8head is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #11387  
Gets Weekends Off
 
par8head's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 362
Default

Does anyone know the reason for the emergency union meeting yesterday to discuss our MEC's future?
par8head is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #11388  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by par8head View Post
Does anyone know the reason for the emergency union meeting yesterday to discuss our MEC's future?
Our MEC has a future?
TurboDog is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #11389  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
Our MEC has a future?
Well they sure have a past. Good or bad is up for opinion
Big Foot is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #11390  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ohiocrjfo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: CRJ 200 FO
Posts: 138
Default

There is no future for our MEC. He resigned!
Ohiocrjfo is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Be first to freeze, Comair pilots told SWAjet Regional 23 01-14-2010 08:19 AM
Comair Pilots Voting on Agreement RockBottom Regional 3 06-05-2008 05:44 PM
Comair ??? aeropilot Regional 13 09-07-2005 09:51 AM
ASA sale doesnt put Comair in clear RockBottom Regional 0 08-17-2005 01:02 AM
Comair F/A sues over firing Sir James Hangar Talk 0 08-04-2005 12:16 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:15 PM.