Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #11371  
Permanent Ready Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Upright and Locked
Posts: 955
Default

Why not just sell the GO and rent space at the local Bingo Hall? They only need desk space for about two or three people now anyways.
TristarJS30 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #11372  
Gets Weekends Off
 
H46Bubba's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: NOYDB
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristarJS30 View Post
Why not just sell the GO and rent space at the local Bingo Hall? They only need desk space for about two or three people now anyways.
One of the plans for 2009 was to see if Comair could outsource back office jobs. I have no clue what the **** this company is doing anymore!
H46Bubba is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #11373  
Permanent Ready Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Upright and Locked
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Bubba View Post
One of the plans for 2009 was to see if Comair could outsource back office jobs. I have no clue what the **** this company is doing anymore!
Must be part of the 4-P plan... taking care of our people (as they leave the company.)
TristarJS30 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #11374  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: OH 12yr FO
Posts: 3,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Bubba View Post
One of the plans for 2009 was to see if Comair could outsource back office jobs. I have no clue what the **** this company is doing anymore!
Don't you mean they want to outsource back-door jobs?

As in, bring in outside management to jab us in the rear?

The two Bobs, maybe?!?
Boomer is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #11375  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Speedbird172's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: 9KC402
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
The two Bobs, maybe?!?
Maybe in a year or so......."Let's see, Mr. John Benda, Bendo, Bendanotgonnaworkhereanymore"....
Speedbird172 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #11376  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: OH 12yr FO
Posts: 3,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird172 View Post
Maybe in a year or so......."Let's see, Mr. John Benda, Bendo, Bendanotgonnaworkhereanymore"....
Right now ng4 / bendo is saying,

"Is it Friday yet? I can't believe I have to put up with this for 11 more months. Delta is gonna owe me bigtime..."
Boomer is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #11377  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Bubba View Post
Cafeteria service might be going away soon too!
Ok, maybe I am being naive, but is this true?
TurboDog is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #11378  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: OH 12yr FO
Posts: 3,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
Ok, maybe I am being naive, but is this true?
We've seen them close Concourse C, 5 CEOs in 5 years, RJs parking at A and B, and you can't believe Comair would close the cafeteria?

I believe it. There's only half the mouths to feed at the GO now than there were two years ago. Probably more folks packing their lunches, too.

It's not like Bubba said they were going to cut the water to the bathrooms...
Boomer is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #11379  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
We've seen them close Concourse C, 5 CEOs in 5 years, RJs parking at A and B, and you can't believe Comair would close the cafeteria?

I believe it. There's only half the mouths to feed at the GO now than there were two years ago. Probably more folks packing their lunches, too.

It's not like Bubba said they were going to cut the water to the bathrooms...
Don't give them any ideas. Are they turning off the lights at night yet over there at the GO?
TurboDog is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #11380  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CL-65 Captain
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papacito View Post
Boomer might be on to something... Maybe they're trying to fatten up Inflight mgmt. so they can give them out instead of hams next xmas.
Now that is some funny sh-t!!
byebyeairlines is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Be first to freeze, Comair pilots told SWAjet Regional 23 01-14-2010 08:19 AM
Comair Pilots Voting on Agreement RockBottom Regional 3 06-05-2008 05:44 PM
Comair ??? aeropilot Regional 13 09-07-2005 09:51 AM
ASA sale doesnt put Comair in clear RockBottom Regional 0 08-17-2005 01:02 AM
Comair F/A sues over firing Sir James Hangar Talk 0 08-04-2005 12:16 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:10 PM.