Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #101  
Permanent Ready Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Upright and Locked
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcraft View Post
While there will hopefully be a good number of vacancies coming up, junior people in their respective seats still could get bumped out by those being displaced.
Can you explain this to me? Maybe it was just contractual at my last carrier, but I was under the impression that when you get displaced, you get displaced to places where there are vacancies. If there are no vacancies, it ends up in a furlough situation to create those vacancies. You wouldn't be able to just pick a base and flush people out the bottom.
TristarJS30 is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristarJS30 View Post
Can you explain this to me? Maybe it was just contractual at my last carrier, but I was under the impression that when you get displaced, you get displaced to places where there are vacancies. If there are no vacancies, it ends up in a furlough situation to create those vacancies. You wouldn't be able to just pick a base and flush people out the bottom.
In Mesaba for example there might be a Saab pilot displaced out of the Saab as they park Delta Saabs who could be senior to a CRJ pilot. When the Saab guy is displaced he would chose a CRJ slot and could displace a junior pilot out of his seat.
Blueskies21 is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #103  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tcraft's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristarJS30 View Post
Can you explain this to me? Maybe it was just contractual at my last carrier, but I was under the impression that when you get displaced, you get displaced to places where there are vacancies. If there are no vacancies, it ends up in a furlough situation to create those vacancies. You wouldn't be able to just pick a base and flush people out the bottom.
^^^^
Blueskies beat me. But yeah, if you get displaced you can occupy any seat that your seniority can hold.
tcraft is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #104  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
I just find it sad that most pilots posting on this thread feel the need to justify their selfishness. Deep inside, they know it would be unfair to throw the furloughs under the bus, but they don't really care because it's all for selfish desires. I could respect someone who actually manned up and had the balls to admit it. It just sounds to me like most here are putting up extremely childish arguments as a cover-up.

In reality, that's how life is. Everyone looks out for themselves and you truly can't blame humans for feeling this way. You can, though, blame them for acting and handling the situation like little boys. It is extremely pathetic that adults can act the way some of you do and it is very discomforting to know we'll be sharing the same cockpit one day.

I don't think it's selfish to point out that vast amounts of historical SLIs are against the furloughed guys being integrated as they have in the past. I wouldn't say I'm selfish or "out for number one" since those guys (unless they're super senior volunteers) are about 2 years behind me anyway. If someone 2 years junior to me jumps me in the SLI, I've got bigger problems with the list than how the furloughs were handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higney85
I love how everyone gets to play laptop arbitrator.
Sounds like a new, addictive Facebook game.
Kellwolf is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #105  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AxialFlow's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
And for the record, I fully support whatever is best for the ENTIRE ~3,000 pilots of our combined company
That certainly doesn't say anything. If you ask 3,000 pilots what's best for the pilot group, you're going to get 3,000 different answers.
AxialFlow is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #106  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Colnago's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
I don't think it's selfish to point out that vast amounts of historical SLIs are against the furloughed guys being integrated as they have in the past.
Why would you think my post was directed at you?
It was obvious you were just pointing out a historical trend.
Colnago is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #107  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cruise's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Switch, Lever & Light Specialist
Posts: 1,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialFlow View Post
That certainly doesn't say anything. If you ask 3,000 pilots what's best for the pilot group, you're going to get 3,000 different answers.

Considering your posting history on these merger threads, I don't value your opinion....at all. But hey, thanks for playing.
Cruise is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #108  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
I don't think it's selfish to point out that vast amounts of historical SLIs are against the furloughed guys being integrated as they have in the past. I wouldn't say I'm selfish or "out for number one" since those guys (unless they're super senior volunteers) are about 2 years behind me anyway. If someone 2 years junior to me jumps me in the SLI, I've got bigger problems with the list than how the furloughs were handled.



Sounds like a new, addictive Facebook game.
I'd like to look over some of these vast amounts of historical data on Regional SLIs. Do you have some examples? I don't want to see any Legacy/Major examples, we are playing a different game.
jayray2 is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #109  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Colnago's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray2 View Post
I'd like to look over some of these vast amounts of historical data on Regional SLIs. Do you have some examples? I don't want to see any Legacy/Major examples, we are playing a different game.
Even if it were a "different game," and we were legacies, what relevance does that have as to what one should aim for? (rhetorical)

Every situation is going to be different, no matter how similar it may appear.
The defeatist attitude by some here is just insane.
Colnago is offline  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #110  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
Even if it were a "different game," and we were legacies, what relevance does that have as to what one should aim for? (rhetorical)

Every situation is going to be different, no matter how similar it may appear.
The defeatist attitude by some here is just insane.
It's not defeatist, it's opportunistic and history somehow justifies their views.
Bartok is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The AirTran Pilots' Windfall and SLI mastercraft Major 750 02-09-2011 08:39 AM
Moak Thread Moved 757Driver Major 0 10-13-2010 01:33 PM
No Thread specified... ??? ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Hangar Talk 2 04-12-2008 10:46 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:36 PM.