Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
451  951  1351  1401  1441  1447  1448  1449  1450  1451  1452  1453  1454  1455  1461  1501  1551  1951  2451 
Page 1451 of 2545
Go to
Quote: That rendering of LGA was the intial version released to the public.

In the updated version the west terminal keeps the same layout but the DL side retains roughly the same footprint as today with a proper concourse where the blast fence is today.
So what you're saying is that alleyway congestion isn't going to get any better?
Quote: So what you're saying is that alleyway congestion isn't going to get any better?
Give Delta an inch and they will take a foot. LGA will continue to operate beyond it's capacity forever.
Quote: So what you're saying is that alleyway congestion isn't going to get any better?
It's supposed to be double lines in the alleys. How much that speeds things up is to be seen.
Rikers Island is supposed to be closing in the next few years. I wonder what will become of that real estate.
Junior man?
With the mayhem and cancellations in LGA on Monday, a few of us were rescheduled to operate flights out of LGA on Monday evening returning on Tuesday (our day off). Isn't that by definition a Junior Assignment? Scheduling says it was an event "out of 9E's control". That would make sense if we were stuck at an outstation, but we were intentionally scheduled to leave our base and operate into a day off. Can the company do that? The contract seems to disagree.
Quote: With the mayhem and cancellations in LGA on Monday, a few of us were rescheduled to operate flights out of LGA on Monday evening returning on Tuesday (our day off). Isn't that by definition a Junior Assignment? Scheduling says it was an event "out of 9E's control". That would make sense if we were stuck at an outstation, but we were intentionally scheduled to leave our base and operate into a day off. Can the company do that? The contract seems to disagree.

Yes, it is a JM BYD company control. Read LOA 21.a.3

150 percent for tmw, comp day if you are on min days off, or if not returned to domicile by 17:00

The BYD language gets you 150 percent instead of 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Yes, it is a JM BYD company control. Read LOA 21.a.3

150 percent for tmw, comp day if you are on min days off, or if not returned to domicile by 17:00

The BYD language gets you 150 percent instead of 200

Thank you for the LOA reference.
I do believe that the company is taking liberties with "for reasons beyond the company's control". WX or MX preventing a return to base... sure. But scheduling a pilot to leave his or her domicile and return on their day off is not beyond the company's control. I just see it as taking advantage. My gripe is not with you Bar... just venting. And no I'm not a millennial. Just a tired old soul who had a lawn to mow.
Quote: Thank you for the LOA reference.

I do believe that the company is taking liberties with "for reasons beyond the company's control". WX or MX preventing a return to base... sure. But scheduling a pilot to leave his or her domicile and return on their day off is not beyond the company's control. I just see it as taking advantage. My gripe is not with you Bar... just venting. And no I'm not a millennial. Just a tired old soul who had a lawn to mow.

I see what you're saying. I would fill out a pilot issue form.

File a grievance. Best case, you get more compensation. Worst case, ALPA takes the company's side and you only get 150%. I know things were a mess, but it seems like they could have used RSV pilots and let you go home.
Quote: File a grievance. Best case, you get more compensation. Worst case, ALPA takes the company's side and you only get 150%. I know things were a mess, but it seems like they could have used RSV pilots and let you go home.

Sounds like he is saying scheduling is trying to say it's not a JM because it's out of the companies control.... but yesterday was in the companies control, it was an IT issue.
451  951  1351  1401  1441  1447  1448  1449  1450  1451  1452  1453  1454  1455  1461  1501  1551  1951  2451 
Page 1451 of 2545
Go to