Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
199  249  289  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  309  349  399 
Page 299 of 783
Go to
Quote: Does anybody have information on whether or not AS will still be recruiting at the NW conf. later this month? Specifically, do they only hit the career forum day one or will they be there everyday for meet & greet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't been in a year or two but the few years I did go, Alaska was there the whole weekend doing 5-10 minute meetings (I think you need to be there the first day to get registered). The last time I went they were sending texts to people when it was almost there time to meet so there wasn't as much of the long lines.
Quote: Does anybody have information on whether or not AS will still be recruiting at the NW conf. later this month? Specifically, do they only hit the career forum day one or will they be there everyday for meet & greet?

Would be a great question to email or Facebook message them.

The Northwest Aviation Career Forum's Facebook page just posted (02/02, 0800 pst) "We still have room at the Forum for one on one meetings with Alaska Air." I'd say Alaska will probably still be there unless no one wants to talk to them.
Quote: Nope. Even though I was a senior 727 F/O I waited 8 months receiving guarantee, aug ‘93 to apr ‘94 before I had a class date for MD school while many junior waited longer. My point is there was a large retraining expense during that period of time to issues surrounding the companies decision to support several fleet types to include your observations.

Don’t you remember Ray V’s stated desire to furlough 200 of us 727 drivers cause we weren’t doing anything? The MEC (before your service, thank you) educated him that you can’t do that out of seniority.
I guess I don't remember that. Perhaps it was because you bid the MD. I went straight from the Panel to 737-400 school with virtually no wait.
Quote: I got the letter as well and then the phone call jan 26 at the end of business hours. Did the assessment yesterday. Good luck!!!
What is the "assessment"? Thanks in advance.
Quote: What is the "assessment"? Thanks in advance.
It's roughly the same thing you had to do for VX back when there was a VX app online.
Quote: It's roughly the same thing you had to do for VX back when there was a VX app online.
Has anybody received the assessment and not been given an interview?
The online assignment has two parts. The first part is the personality test that takes about 20 minutes (e.g. do you like poetry). The second part is basic algebra word problems.
Quote: Has anybody received the assessment and not been given an interview?
The assessment was done when submitting the app. I've heard that some folks got a TBNT immediately after submitting the app/assessment, and it was believed that meant a "failed" assessment. But that's just what I heard about the old VX process, YMMV.
Quote: The assessment was done when submitting the app. I've heard that some folks got a TBNT immediately after submitting the app/assessment, and it was believed that meant a "failed" assessment. But that's just what I heard about the old VX process, YMMV.
Yes, that was why I was asking about the new process with Alaska. Now people are getting the assessment after the application and a meet and greet. Is the assessment given followed by an interview date? Or are people getting called for an interview and given the assessment after the call but prior to the interview?

In the case of getting the assessment after an interview invite it is a tool to use as part of the interview. This is much different than a tool to decide to give an interview.

Any insight?
199  249  289  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  309  349  399 
Page 299 of 783
Go to