PSA - Ask A Recruiter

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70  120 
Page 20 of 131
Go to
Can a newhire hold DAY?
Quote: The pay will likely increase at least once, if not twice, by Jan 2019. Are you really worried about it going down?
I'm personally not worried at all, but as you can see from previous posts that is just stating the current LOA fact.
Quote: Can a newhire hold DAY?
Yes, you can get just about any base (including TYS if not right out of training, then within a month).
Quote: Yes, you can get just about any base (including TYS if not right out of training, then within a month).
Thanks, but I'm only interested in DAY.
Quote: The pay will likely increase at least once, if not twice, by Jan 2019. Are you really worried about it going down?
Yeah, and you also have told us that the flow would increase to 8 per month by the end of this year. And yet only recently have we seen that management has changed the way that they count "active captains" in order to keep the flow at 5 per month.

Management will do whatever they damned well feel like doing here! They'll change the way they maintain the reserve grid so that we don't know which days offer premium pay, they've unilaterally decided to pay some pilots differently than other pilots without consulting our union representatives, (i.e. initial new-hire bonuses), they'll change the way they *ADD NUMBERS* in order to prevent the flow from increasing,........ all in blatant violation of our contract.

"Fly it and grieve it", they say. That's fine. We'll do what we have to do, which includes educating potential new hires on what they're REALLY getting themselves into.
Quote: Yeah, and you also have told us that the flow would increase to 8 per month by the end of this year. And yet only recently have we seen that management has changed the way that they count "active captains" in order to keep the flow at 5 per month.

Management will do whatever they damned well feel like doing here! They'll change the way they maintain the reserve grid so that we don't know which days offer premium pay, they've unilaterally decided to pay some pilots differently than other pilots without consulting our union representatives, (i.e. initial new-hire bonuses), they'll change the way they *ADD NUMBERS* in order to prevent the flow from increasing,........ all in blatant violation of our contract.

"Fly it and grieve it", they say. That's fine. We'll do what we have to do, which includes educating potential new hires on what they're REALLY getting themselves into.
I must say that's not an effective method of recruitment of potential new PSA pilots by having management lie and deceive.
Quote: Yeah, and you also have told us that the flow would increase to 8 per month by the end of this year. And yet only recently have we seen that management has changed the way that they count "active captains" in order to keep the flow at 5 per month.

As someone who knows a lot more about that situation than you, it's a little more complicated and not as nefarious as you're making it out to be, but I'll let TR fill the pilot group in on the details.

As to the pay, letting it go down in this environment would be akin to management slitting their own throat. I'm pretty sure they fully understand that.
Quote: As to the pay, letting it go down in this environment would be akin to management slitting their own throat. I'm pretty sure they fully understand that.
Kinda like hiring Direct Entry Captains was slitting their own throat,..... but they did it anyway!
Quote: Kinda like hiring Direct Entry Captains was slitting their own throat,..... but they did it anyway!
Are they still hiring DEC's? Can one hold DAY?
Quote: Are they still hiring DEC's? Can one hold DAY?
No. Not hiring DEC's.
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70  120 
Page 20 of 131
Go to